New to Windows 8 and the Nokia Lumia 521

voiceoverguy

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I hope everyone is having a great day! I just made the switch from Android to the Nokia Lumia 521 and I must say this phone is pretty rad! Yes...I said rad! I finally got my Nokia Lumia 521 after 3 weeks of trying to buy it on various sites (Walmart, HSN and T Mobile). So far I am really loving it. So many features are on this phone. I do have a question though...how do you clear the cache to free up space? If anyone knows how to do this that would be great!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I hope everyone is having a great day! I just made the switch from Android to the Nokia Lumia 521 and I must say this phone is pretty rad! Yes...I said rad! I finally got my Nokia Lumia 521 after 3 weeks of trying to buy it on various sites (Walmart, HSN and T Mobile). So far I am really loving it. So many features are on this phone. I do have a question though...how do you clear the cache to free up space? If anyone knows how to do this that would be great!

Hey,

Welcome to WP world. I personally hope that have a good time using WP as most of us do. You can go to settings> Storage Check and clear up space there. You will also find a tab to check which apps take up the most space.

I have to inform you that there is a bug in WIndows Phone called Other Storage, you will find a few threads dedicated to this topic on WPCentral, we should be getting GDR2 update in a month or so from now which should ideally fix any issues with that.

Feel free to post in the forums for any queries.
Cheers.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome,

If you have 1308 firmware the storage check will be available in the settings section.
Otherwise, those without can download the Lumia storage check here (storage check | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))

It's not ideal, but it helps free some space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss