No T-Mobile logo?

lghtnj

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 521 at Walmart yesterday. Just noticed it doesn't have a T-Mobile logo on the front of the phone. It came in the usual T-Mobile box. Has anyone else seen one without the logo?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, its SIM-LOCKED. My AT&T SIM from my Lumia 920 made my Lumia 521 ask me for an unlock pin. Bummer. Don't know what I expected, though.

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No, I meant the actual T-Mobile logo on the front at bottom of the phone.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks to me that the logo is under LCD screen, not on top. So u would have to remove the screen in order to get to it to paint it.

hotlavaaaa

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My 521 from HSN doesn't have the T-Mobile logo. Seems like a stupid thing to get excited about, but I was pretty happy when I opened the box and saw that it was logo free. Makes the phone look so much cleaner. As for the phone being longer than the 520 just to make space for the T-Mobile logo, I don't think I buy that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the 521 can chime in, but my theory is that it's longer to accommodate a different antenna setup than the 520 since the 521 has a frequency that the 520 doesn't.

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't really make sense to me that the phone is longer because of the antenna. T-Mobile phones pretty much always add the 1700 Mhz, which AT&T phones don't have, but the phones still typically are the same size. There may be another reason for the size difference but I'm not sure what it would be.

One interesting thing, it would appear that the issues with the battery not fitting properly (causing the phone to reboot) is largely only an issue on the 521 -- at least I haven't seen the complaints about it with the 520. So it is possible increasing the size actually created an issue.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, the 521 is 4mm longer than the 520, presumably to make space for the logo.

Thats just a rumor from angry users who cant use 520 shells. If you notice, under the camera with the back off, there appears to be some kind of mic or sensor that does not appear (from what is seen in photos) on the 520, and that with the possibility for a variation in hardware for tmobiles extra cellular bands and wifi calling, could all lead to its added height. There's also some users who say compared to the 520, the 521 is nicer to hold and touch buttons are pressed by the palm accidentally less often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro