Nokia 521 display resuming but dont start up

ajayr1978

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 521 suddenly goes in resuming mode and never starts up unless you remove battery. I am not sure what is causing this tried to remove few apps but still the same. My suspicious is the yahoo email configured under email in settings but not sure. Does any one got into the same situation and any help or input on how to fix this will be great.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I had that thing when i received a skype message and i didn't open it for some hours. I sign out my skype and the bug is gone now

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If you mean the lock screen gets stuck, I've had this issue as well. When it does this I tap the screen first, then I can swipe it up.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I had it happen only a few times (3 or 4) has well since I have had my phone since May, Pulling the battery out fixed the problem.

If it does it all the time then I would inspect the battery first make sure contact are touching and if it then a hard reset may be in order. Read this thread

How much space do you have left on your harddrive.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
could be the battery. I know I was having problems with the facebook app freezing my phone. Also go to settings --> swipe right to applications --> select background tasks and check to see how many apps run in your background. I had too many apps running in the background and it caused my phone to crash and freeze at the lockscreen forcing a battery pull. You'd be surprised how many apps run in the background and people don't even know it.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
To me, that sounds like a power management bug somewhere where parts of the phone are not waking up properly, hence fixeable by Nokia/Microsoft. That being said - it is possible (but unlikely) that a badly behaving app is causing this. Going to background tasks every so often (and checking what registered itself there) is a good idea as many apps add themselves to run in the background when you do not need them to do so, which can have an impact on your battery life if it gets out of hand.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My nokia lumia 521 does that all the time. The power button does not respond. I take out the battery and that usually fixes it
mine did it yesterday. Took out the battery and everything has worked fine after that. I wonder if there's a problems with the back casing not holding the battery in place or if the batterys are going bad due to the heat generated from going online.

FalconFour

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with mine, somewhat indicative of a storage system fault. It'll hang at a black screen when trying to open (or switch to) an app, just showing the clock in the corner, for about 10-15 seconds, then show "Resuming" or "Loading" for another 15 or so seconds, and eventually fall back to the previous (app or launcher) page as if I backed out of the app. About a minute later, the phone will reboot on its own no matter what state the phone's in. Seems like maybe the internal storage goes offline, akin to a desktop computer getting its SATA or IDE cable pulled from the hard drive, and the system just slowly comes to grips with the fact that it can't read data anymore, then reboots.

Starting to think it's a hardware problem, like the lazy manufacturing flaws that led to the past (and even ongoing) problems with nVidia and AMD chipsets. Weak solder joint producing intermittent problems, maybe. Took mine to T-Mobile and they had a warranty replacement set up without even giving me a chance to show the problem in action.

It's still a $150 phone, and I'd say this fits within the realm of reasonable failures given the price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss