Bluetooth and the 521

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I went to go play a game on my 521 using my Purity Pros but was surprised to find that the audio only came out of my 521 and not the headphones. No matter, I would just plug the headphones in using the cable. When I did this, the microphone on the headset stopped noise-cancelling and instead just passed all the audio through.

Neither of these things happen on my 920. Bluetooth audio works with games and the microphone doesn't let any outside audio pass through.

Can anyone confirm this behavior with their 521 and Bluetooth audio? Thanks!

Grant

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd. I just checked the PDF manuals for the 521 and the 920 on Nokia's site, and the Bluetooth instructions appear identical. I didn't see anything showing the 521 is any different in terms of Bluetooth support.

Have you tried removing the pairing of the 521 and the headset and setting it up again?

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually did a factory reset because the 521 started making a horrible screeching sound whenever I connected something via stereo-mini with the 4 contacts at each end (the kind that the Purity pro comes with for mic support). After the reset it stopped enabling the microphone while plugged in (and the screeching sound was gone) but I haven't tried with Bluetooth yet during games. Strange that software could produce a sound that appeared to be most definitely a hardware problem.

Thanks Laura!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720