Something interesting I found with Nokia Lumia 521

voiceoverguy

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone has discovered this as I looked in the Nokia Lumia 521 forums. When you get a text message toast notification and it hangs there on the home screen for a bit, if you swipe the notification to the right the notification will disappear which isn't a bad thing. I was not sure if anyone else had discovered this and I thought I would share.

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
This is the standard behavior for any toast notification on any WP7 or WP8 device however it is often overlooked or not realized by users

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone has discovered this as I looked in the Nokia Lumia 521 forums. When you get a text message toast notification and it hangs there on the home screen for a bit, if you swipe the notification to the right the notification will disappear which isn't a bad thing. I was not sure if anyone else had discovered this and I thought I would share.

I used WP for a long time before I discovered this. Very useful!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Forgot when I found out about it, but it was definitely by accident and not when I first started using WP. In fact, probably found out about it earlier this year because I was getting annoyed with the wifi alert and swiped it away by accident. Started using WP in Jan or Feb of 2011.

So it's for all those notifications.

voiceoverguy

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Thats cool. This is my first Windows phone. I have had my phone for about a month and a half now. So far so good. I really like it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thats cool. This is my first Windows phone. I have had my phone for about a month and a half now. So far so good. I really like it.

Awesome. I made it a mission to start using my WP device more. May even put it on my main line (iPhone soon) for a couple days at a time.

I just bought the 1020 and it's easier to hold and use like the 900. The 920 was a bit too heavy and didn't fit well in my hands. I only noticed it after getting the 1020.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo