The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-18-2015 07:49 PM
37 12
tools
    As of today:08-12-13 from 604 views on this post!
    Please just answer my question! "Are you charge for Wi-Fi calling or not"

Hi to all
    Can you please tell me what can be wrong.
    I just spoke to TMO support that what was told to me that Wi-Fi calling option was released only where is not T-Mobile signal so it will work only at that time.
    Is he correct?
    How does it work for you?
    My phone has latest firmware version.
    I did reset phone once too.
    It was told to me twice that my CIM card is compatible with my phone.
    Under Wi-Fi calling app slide color is RED.
    Wi-Fi calling icon is changing from RED to Blue.
    I am getting Wi-Fi calling icon green and Phone service to Wi-Fi calling but Wi-Fi calling app slide color is was RED.
    For any help thanks.

update to my post
    911 is added
    I am using latest Wi-Fi calling app.
    Last edited by tulak; 08-12-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    08-09-2013 07:34 PM
    Make sure you're running the latest version of T-Mobile's WiFi Calling: Wi-Fi Calling | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    tulak likes this.
    08-09-2013 08:03 PM
    Log into tmobile account online and add your telephone number under 911 emergency contact. Its a requirement.
    tulak likes this.
    08-09-2013 08:17 PM
    911 is added
    08-10-2013 06:14 AM
    I just found out myself that T-Mobile advertising with their triumphant claims of "Free Wi-Fi" is not free at all.

All is just marketing BS.

Thanks TMO for that
    08-10-2013 01:51 PM
    I just found out myself that T-Mobile advertising with their triumphant claims of "Free Wi-Fi" is not free at all.

All is just marketing BS.

Thanks TMO for that
    We don't pay for WFC on our Fam plan.
    08-10-2013 02:47 PM
    WiFi calling is free when connected it uses your available minutes still, but allows for a connection when you wouldn't have one. It also requires the appropriate SIM card aka the one that came with it, it has some initials on it that tmobile said is required. So an old micro SIM may not work. I setup my profile online, connected to WiFi and wala.
    08-10-2013 08:09 PM
    Did you get anywhere?
    Is there a link to instruction on how to get 521 free WIFI going? T Mobile service said free wifi is a lie, there is no such thing and credit my account $10. Class action?
    08-10-2013 09:56 PM
    I'm curious where you saw that WiFi calling was free? Anytime I've seen T-Mobile mention it not counting against minutes, they indicated that was only for post-paid customers. Additionally, what was originally meant by "Free" is that there is no monthly charge to use the service, as it used to be an add on to your T-Mobile plan. Of course, with their new "uncarrier" plans, it doesn't matter if WiFi uses minutes as all of those plans are unlimited; only the $30/month prepaid and pay as you go plans are no longer unlimited. I really don't see where a lawsuit would be successful.

Now, with Prepaid on Android you can use some apps (Vonage, GrooveIP, Talkatone, etc.) to get free VoIP calling on prepaid -- unfortunately I've not seen those apps on WP.
    08-10-2013 11:23 PM
    here is one VoIP app Spare Phone it let you make a calls for free. You will need first setup Google Voice account. Is free.

Spare Phone | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    08-11-2013 07:18 AM
    I saw 4 or 5 months ago on T-Mobile web side! That is why I got phone for. Until this week I found out is all f.... BS.
    T-Mobile Offers Free WiFi Calling

copy from web
    Starting today, T-Mobile customers can add Free Wi-Fi Calling to their rate plan -- at no additional charge -- to place calls over Wi-Fi without deducting from their allotment of minutes. This new feature is available at T-Mobile retail stores to all customers on Even More and Even More Plus Postpaid rate plans who have Wi-Fi Calling capable handsets.
    08-11-2013 08:46 AM
    But notice the article is not from T-Mobile. Additionally, if you read the article, it quotes T-Mobile, "This new feature is available at T-Mobile retail stores to all customers on Even More and Even More Plus Postpaid rate plans who have Wi-Fi Calling capable handsets." Basically, the quote by T-Mobile states you are required to have a postpaid plan.
    08-11-2013 09:03 AM
    WiFi calling worked on my 521 free and clear, no problems, with 35$ prepaid plan. So I don't understand this useless topic.
    08-11-2013 04:49 PM
    Sounds like your 911 info is not added right. Call tmo back and ask them to fix it. Also don't fly off the Handle shouting about how you were lied to.
    08-11-2013 05:09 PM
    I saw 4 or 5 months ago on T-Mobile web side! That is why I got phone for. Until this week I found out is all f.... BS.
    T-Mobile Offers Free WiFi Calling

copy from web
    Starting today, T-Mobile customers can add Free Wi-Fi Calling to their rate plan -- at no additional charge -- to place calls over Wi-Fi without deducting from their allotment of minutes. This new feature is available at T-Mobile retail stores to all customers on Even More and Even More Plus Postpaid rate plans who have Wi-Fi Calling capable handsets.
    The first mistake is believing anything with Arianna Huffington's name on it lol

Actually Arianna is ok I guess. I don't really know her LOL, but the basics of the article are incorrect. T-MO does not have Even More or Even More Plus post-paid plans anymore. They were replaced by Simple Choice plans several months ago.
    08-11-2013 07:07 PM
    It's not Huffington's fault, if you notice those plans did exist two years ago, when the article was written. I probably should have added in my response, that you need to make sure you are looking at current information.
    08-12-2013 12:02 AM
    WiFi calling worked on my 521 free and clear, no problems, with 35$ prepaid plan. So I don't understand this useless topic.
    ..useless topic: As I sad TMO support that what was told to me that Wi-Fi calling option was released only where is not T-Mobile signal so it will work only at that time and is not FREE.
    I asked WIN 8 furum too. You are only one hwo has no problem!
    08-12-2013 06:12 AM
    ..useless topic: As I sad TMO support that what was told to me that Wi-Fi calling option was released only where is not T-Mobile signal so it will work only at that time and is not FREE.
    I asked WIN 8 furum too. You are only one hwo has no problem!
    You can set the priority for WiFi calling. I get T-Mobile signal at home and use WiFi calling there without issue.
    08-12-2013 09:46 AM
    It's not Huffington's fault, if you notice those plans did exist two years ago, when the article was written. I probably should have added in my response, that you need to make sure you are looking at current information.
    Holy crap!

That article was written two years ago!

I'm sorry Arianna!....Carry on with your left leaning but progressive agenda!

But please change back to your maiden name cause every time I see your current one it reminds me of your ex. The gas-bag ex rep from my my state of California

....just kidding! LOL
    08-12-2013 09:55 AM
    You can set the priority for WiFi calling. I get T-Mobile signal at home and use WiFi calling there without issue.
    I know how to set WiFi!
    08-12-2013 12:02 PM
    I know how to set WiFi!
    I left TMO about 4 months back because of their bad network at my workplace. When I talked last with a TMO representative last month, here is what he said - "WiFi calling is to enable better network for you and not to provide free calling." so technically, it will use your wifi network instead of using T mobile phone network (and hence they are not giving you anything extra) but instead asking you to use your own wifi AND in addition, your minutes (or money) will still be charged. so to me it seems "its nothing free" as advertised some places.
    08-12-2013 12:11 PM
    T-Mobile has made it clear from the beginning that WiFi Calling uses the minutes on your plan just like regular calling does. I think people read into "WiFi Calling" that it is free, even though T-Mobile doesn't claim that.

It is a great function, and I loved having it when I traveled abroad - I was able to use my US phone number on WiFi just like usual, without any extra charges of any kind.
    08-12-2013 12:24 PM
    I left TMO about 4 months back because of their bad network at my workplace. When I talked last with a TMO representative last month, here is what he said - "WiFi calling is to enable better network for you and not to provide free calling." so technically, it will use your wifi network instead of using T mobile phone network (and hence they are not giving you anything extra) but instead asking you to use your own wifi AND in addition, your minutes (or money) will still be charged. so to me it seems "its nothing free" as advertised some places.
    Thank you. Well sad.
    08-12-2013 12:26 PM
    Just to clarify, it uses ANY WiFi you can connect to, not just your home or work. Just in case someone thought it needed to be registered by WiFi network or something.

it seems "its nothing free" as advertised some places.
    Which places? Where does T-Mobile advertise this as free calling? EDIT: oh, two years ago, when they had a completely different billing system that has since changed.
    08-12-2013 12:27 PM
    T-Mobile has made it clear from the beginning that WiFi Calling uses the minutes on your plan just like regular calling does. I think people read into "WiFi Calling" that it is free, even though T-Mobile doesn't claim that.

It is a great function, and I loved having it when I traveled abroad - I was able to use my US phone number on WiFi just like usual, without any extra charges of any kind.
    Thanks for post.100% yes is a geat function.
    08-12-2013 12:28 PM
37 12