WiFi calling breaks visual voicemail and MMS?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that visual voicemail and sending MMS dosent work while on WiFi calling mode?

Has to do with GEN3 wifi calling. GEN 1 supported MMS and Visual Voicemail, but was expensive to implement and phones required special hardware. Gen 3 is cheaper to implement and deploy to devices, but is missing things such as those you mentioned, as well as call transference from wifi to cellular mid-call.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
This continues to drive me crazy. Surely they could modify the WiFi calling software so that when the VM notification arrives drop the phone out of WiFi calling, retrieve the visual voicemail, and then put it back into WiFi calling mode...

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
This continues to drive me crazy. Surely they could modify the WiFi calling software so that when the VM notification arrives drop the phone out of WiFi calling, retrieve the visual voicemail, and then put it back into WiFi calling mode...

I agree.

My main issue is when I disconnect from the Wifi calling and it takes some time to get a signal. This only happens in Chicago (UIC campus) oddly.

other than that, the Wifi calling is an awesome feature. Because most of campus has wifi, if im in a basment I have full service, compared to those iphone T-Mobile users that dont.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05