How do I get music onto this this phone?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a driver error and a variation of cable, since after uninstalling the driver, it didnt work with the other cable, but worked with the nokia cable. Perhaps the computer was improperly installing the driver, or the usb hub was acting 'goofy'. And you are correct, there is no safely eject hardware for the phone (i am unsure as to why though)

So if I was to loose that small cable I would be screwed? Or I could buy the same one from Nokia? It looks like a standard micro USB cable though.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Also I get duplicate values of the songs. There is only one version of each song on the phone but in the music app the same song appears 2 or 3 times. If I delete one, none of the other copies of the same song will play.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Also I get duplicate values of the songs. There is only one version of each song on the phone but in the music app the same song appears 2 or 3 times. If I delete one, none of the other copies of the same song will play.

Check to make sure whether you have XBOX Cloud Music On or Off in settings. Ive read cloud music tends to, instead of omitting cloud songs existing on the device, show them alongside the loaded songs, thus displaying "duplicates".

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 40066View attachment 40067View attachment 40068

This is what happens all the time I have tried to sync one song with the file explorer and an album with the desktop app. Both of them don't actually sync. I waited approximately 15 mins for each of the sessions. Zune has never taken that long. Also When I went to the file explorer in the lumia it prompted me with an error message saying the phone is write protected. There is no SD card in it. I have tried deleting all the folders within the music folder and that doesn't work. It keeps saying its write protected or read only.

So I don't know what to do. The app that comes with windows and automatically detects the phone has the same sync problem but I will not post a screen shot of that.
Thank you for the help.

Wanna know what is funny? That looks like the same software i used to sync my Kin OneM (Zune Studio or something)

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I can transfer songs with Windows Explorer and several song programs from my PC to the 521, but the Nokia Music player has so far not recognized any of them. It does recognize the songs that were already there from my old phone, that I took the card out of, and new songs I bought from Nokia music.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Grrh..that is one thing that I really do not like in WP8 is music management, Was "Getting all kinds of sync error message with Windows Phone App", trying to sync my TOOL collection.

So I used file explorer browsed phone music folder, and delete any reference (folder or file) to tool that was listed. Then disconnected phone, powered off then back on.

Plugged back into Pc, relaunch WP App, then was able sync my TOOL collection...

Miss WP7 and Good Ole Zune Once when it comes to music..

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Grrh..that is one thing that I really do not like in WP8 is music management, Was "Getting all kinds of sync error message with Windows Phone App", trying to sync my TOOL collection.

So I used file explorer browsed phone music folder, and delete any reference (folder or file) to tool that was listed. Then disconnected phone, powered off then back on.

Plugged back into Pc, relaunch WP App, then was able sync my TOOL collection...

Miss WP7 and Good Ole Zune Once when it comes to music..

Doesnt everyone [miss zune]?

Microsoft in an attempt to kill the ZUNE branding mutated its successors almost beyond hope of saving. Its KIN all over again*

Funny enough, ive seen references to ZUNE before in the Music app on Windows within its app folder (which is hidden in program files).

Seriously though, the syncing method is a disgrace (its barely even able to be called "syncing"), and the music software is riddled with problems.

*KIN, despite its major fallbacks, had 2 things great things that went with it to its grave: KIN Studio, the Message/Music/Video/Picture cloud solution {which the current skydrive solution is primitive and buggy in comparison}, and The SPOT, a little spot on the bottom of the screen in the UI which allowed attachment and sending of multiple file types to email/sms/mms/social-networks across the OS all while being app agnostic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium