08-22-2013 03:00 PM
31 12
tools
    Attachment 40066Attachment 40067Attachment 40068

This is what happens all the time I have tried to sync one song with the file explorer and an album with the desktop app. Both of them don't actually sync. I waited approximately 15 mins for each of the sessions. Zune has never taken that long. Also When I went to the file explorer in the lumia it prompted me with an error message saying the phone is write protected. There is no SD card in it. I have tried deleting all the folders within the music folder and that doesn't work. It keeps saying its write protected or read only.

So I don't know what to do. The app that comes with windows and automatically detects the phone has the same sync problem but I will not post a screen shot of that.
    Thank you for the help.
    Wanna know what is funny? That looks like the same software i used to sync my Kin OneM (Zune Studio or something)
    08-17-2013 10:35 AM
    I can transfer songs with Windows Explorer and several song programs from my PC to the 521, but the Nokia Music player has so far not recognized any of them. It does recognize the songs that were already there from my old phone, that I took the card out of, and new songs I bought from Nokia music.
    08-21-2013 09:34 AM
    what is the format of the songs.
    08-21-2013 07:35 PM
    what is the format of the songs.
    I'll have to check that, and get back to ya. I thought (simplistically) that they were all just "mp3s." The old ones it is reading fine are from my Blackberry Curve.
    08-22-2013 03:54 AM
    Grrh..that is one thing that I really do not like in WP8 is music management, Was "Getting all kinds of sync error message with Windows Phone App", trying to sync my TOOL collection.

So I used file explorer browsed phone music folder, and delete any reference (folder or file) to tool that was listed. Then disconnected phone, powered off then back on.

Plugged back into Pc, relaunch WP App, then was able sync my TOOL collection...

Miss WP7 and Good Ole Zune Once when it comes to music..
    08-22-2013 02:46 PM
    Grrh..that is one thing that I really do not like in WP8 is music management, Was "Getting all kinds of sync error message with Windows Phone App", trying to sync my TOOL collection.

So I used file explorer browsed phone music folder, and delete any reference (folder or file) to tool that was listed. Then disconnected phone, powered off then back on.

Plugged back into Pc, relaunch WP App, then was able sync my TOOL collection...

Miss WP7 and Good Ole Zune Once when it comes to music..
    Doesnt everyone [miss zune]?

Microsoft in an attempt to kill the ZUNE branding mutated its successors almost beyond hope of saving. Its KIN all over again*

Funny enough, ive seen references to ZUNE before in the Music app on Windows within its app folder (which is hidden in program files).

Seriously though, the syncing method is a disgrace (its barely even able to be called "syncing"), and the music software is riddled with problems.
    [HR][/HR]
    *KIN, despite its major fallbacks, had 2 things great things that went with it to its grave: KIN Studio, the Message/Music/Video/Picture cloud solution {which the current skydrive solution is primitive and buggy in comparison}, and The SPOT, a little spot on the bottom of the screen in the UI which allowed attachment and sending of multiple file types to email/sms/mms/social-networks across the OS all while being app agnostic.
    Smyrna5 likes this.
    08-22-2013 03:00 PM
31 12