Stuck on Spinning Cogs

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
This is just great. I was out of my phone all last week because the update was stuck on the spinning cogs. Now my wife kicked off her update on your L521 and it also is stuck on the spinning cogs.

Anyone else get this? Guess I'll have to send it in for repairs like I did mine.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it does take a while , but, should be no longer than 10 to 15 minutes on that screen.

Try Performing a Hard Reset
Volume UP, Down, Power, Down

And if still nothing You can manually flash the update on your phone, if you are willing to try it.

See this thread you will need access to PC to be able to download Nokia Care Suite and reflash the phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nning-gears-lumia-521-after-amber-update.html

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Where can I download Nokia Care Suite? My brother's phone has the cogs as well and I'd like to follow Corepc's instructions. I see NCS on Softpedia, but it's from 2012.

jmyers16

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I went to do my software update Sunday and was stuck on the gear screen... After 3 hrs I called T-mobile, they sent me a new phone.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I had t send my wife's phone to Nokia since I bought it from WalMart a few months ago. Either way, it's a free repair and cant complain about that. Just had to hear a little b**ching from the wife because she's going to out of a phone for a week. This is when I zone out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786