Is there a way to answer a call with a single action?

peakmaster

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
When my 521 rings, I see who the caller or number is and the screen displays"Slide up to answer". After doing that it displays "Answer" and "Ignore"... so the phone rings, I have to slide up AND choose Answer. Even the most primitive cell phones have an any button answer option. Anyone know if I can get this to a single action, simple way to answer a call?

MsBuzzman

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
When my 521 rings, I see who the caller or number is and the screen displays"Slide up to answer". After doing that it displays "Answer" and "Ignore"... so the phone rings, I have to slide up AND choose Answer. Even the most primitive cell phones have an any button answer option. Anyone know if I can get this to a single action, simple way to answer a call?

This kinda bugs me too. I figured it's just part of windows since I never had one before. Would love just one action to answer.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope answering calls still remains complicated... one gesture plus one click is good enough.
It's already a mess with this fu**ing super-sensitive touch (Lumia 920) when I keep my phone on my pocket: sometimes I found some randomly apps open and once I found a call answered! And the touch sensitivity is already on Normal... what would be on High??

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
@Peakmaster - Your Lock Screen activates after a set period of time and this is a good thing, to help save battery power, stop unintended actions, privacy etc, etc. If you would rather use your smartphone more like a feature phone of old, then you could set the screen time-out to 'Never' but that will have consequences and these are full screen touch-enabled devices.

'Any key answer' is not as practical or desirable on a smartphone with touch-enabled screens. In fact, when a call comes in, you might have noticed that the 3 hardware capacitive keys and all the physical keys are disabled and that's also a good thing. It's so that if you pull your phone out of your pocket or handbag or even pick it up off a table, you can't accidentally end or answer the call or perform any other function until you're ready.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thought about this the other day. We have voice command for dialing, "call whomever" , but no "answer whomever" that would be one solution if we had that voice command

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope answering calls still remains complicated... one gesture plus one click is good enough.
It's already a mess with this fu**ing super-sensitive touch (Lumia 920) when I keep my phone on my pocket: sometimes I found some randomly apps open and once I found a call answered! And the touch sensitivity is already on Normal... what would be on High??

double tap to wake is probably what's causing your issue, not super sensitive touch. I had the same problem until I turned off double tap...

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
double tap to wake is probably what's causing your issue, not super sensitive touch. I had the same problem until I turned off double tap...
I don't have the gdr2 yet... I don't have the double-tap to wake feature.
Feature that, in fact, I will never activate :D

The only explanation I found is that the screen is so sensitive that detect (the rare times it accidentally unlocks with the hardware key) the movements inside my pocket as gestures... and I don't like that.

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
'Any key answer' is not as practical or desirable on a smartphone with touch-enabled screens. In fact, when a call comes in, you might have noticed that the 3 hardware capacitive keys and all the physical keys are disabled and that's also a good thing. It's so that if you pull your phone out of your pocket or handbag or even pick it up off a table, you can't accidentally end or answer the call or perform any other function until you're ready.

It is a single action response to pick up a call on Android devices you will have to use your fingers to swipe across the screen to pick up the call. This may vary across Android devices as there are multiple phones with different ROMs and all but the point is its definitely practical to have this feature instead of clicking twice on WP to answer/ignore a call. Hell, you can even end the call using your power button on Android(if the setting is enabled)!

MsBuzzman

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
On my androids, if my phone rings, it passes up on the lock screen and you just slide to answer. or ignore, or send to voicemail. And your lockscreen stays intact or active. You can't inadvertently answer cause you have to slide the button all the way over to answer, not just touch it.

It would be nice for a call to bypass the lockscreen if desired. I always have a case on mine which covers the screen so I have 3 actions. Open the case, slide the lockscreen, and hit the answer button. If I am not fast enough it goes to voicemail. So I have to find my phone in my purse while ringing, and then quickdraw so to speak to answer. You guys don't have that problem! :)

peakmaster

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
It is a single action response to pick up a call on Android devices you will have to use your fingers to swipe across the screen to pick up the call. This may vary across Android devices as there are multiple phones with different ROMs and all but the point is its definitely practical to have this feature instead of clicking twice on WP to answer/ignore a call. Hell, you can even end the call using your power button on Android(if the setting is enabled)!
Exactly and it's a single action response on even an iPhone 3GS. The screen illuminates with the caller I'd or number you touch green=answer red=ignore. The screen lock feature is automatically bypassed.

Jana Rahrig

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
"'Any key answer' is not as practical or desirable on a smartphone with touch-enabled screens. In fact, when a call comes in, you might have noticed that the 3 hardware capacitive keys and all the physical keys are disabled and that's also a good thing."

I disagree. The blind must be able to utilize their phone as well. If you can't see the screen to 'touch' the appropriate graphic, then the phone becomes nearly useless. A one button touch to answer would be a great help to many.

I know there are apps that will read your screen as you drag your finger around, but often that takes the visually impaired too long, calls are missed, and in certain situations when a quick answer of the phone is OK, a ringing phone may become a disruption - restaurants, for example.

I am test driving the 521 for my wife now, but there are too many limitations for it to be a viable replacement for her old Motorola 'brick'. Some can be solved with a little app programming on my part, but the lack of single button answer may be a deal breaker.:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb