Here Map uses phone minutes?

Zoltan Ujhelyi

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 521.
Does" Here Map" app uses phone minutes when I am outside of WIFI area? I don't call or receive phone calls and my minutes are decreasing. What other application uses minutes?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Here maps does not use minutes it needs data but can be used offline if you download the maps.

Who is your carrier ?

it may be that data counts toward your minutes.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
No app should be able to use minutes, so that sounds very strange... Because you don't mix up mobile data and minutes? :smile:

Zoltan Ujhelyi

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
My carrier is T-Mobile. I used here map today and didn't use the phone for calls or didn't receive any calls but still my used minutes went up 5 minutes. Strange. I even called T-Mobile but had a very difficult time to understand the representative (actually 2 representatives), I couldn't get a satisfactory answer from her.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have that plan and I think there is a delay in the info on the T-Mobile account tile. The 5th is the first day of the month for me and I noticed quite a few hours into the new month that a lot of minutes had been used. I realized they were from the previous month.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just going to post what is here

dial these
Check your balance
On your phone, enter #BAL# (#225#) and send the call.

Check your minutes
On your phone, enter #MIN# (#646#) and send the call.

Check your text messages
On your phone, enter #MSG# (#674#)

Check your internet & data usage
On your phone, enter #WEB# (#932#)

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
tmobile here and comes on data not minutes here. Logon online and you can look at detail and see what was 5 minutes...well not sure on prepaid

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
From experience with the Symbian Version of Here Maps..

If you download the maps of a certain area, it should either automatically set to offline mode. If you want traffic, you must enable online mode.

One thing I miss about the WP Maps are that they dont show how much data you are using in the Navigation screen>

nokia-maps-suite-2.0.jpg

If you look at the picture on the right, down at the lower right corner... see where it says 2.1 MB? Thats how much data you are using in the current session. Something I dont think the WP version has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos