Wireless Charging Mod, Nokia Lumia 520 /521

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Wireless Charging Mod, Nokia Lumia 520 /521

Anyone done, or is interested in doing a WIRELESS CHARGING MOD is which a inductive coil is placed right inside the back cover, and you just sit the phone on top of a inductive charger to charge the phone?

Either be it with:
Nokia parts
Palm parts
Qi inductive parts

Example done on a Nokia Lumia 925 (Picked at random)
Car dock vid picked at random
(Well this board only allows (1) vid, point of vid showing another variation, why wireless charging mod is great for car /gps use and /or for people who have damaged charging ports.)

PS: Post any info you may find. Also note which chargers work best with what case.
(Mods using Palm components being really picky on what case is used.)

Oh, When thinking about such, view with mindset of "bang to buck ratio" and if charger could be used across other manufacturers product lines.

Due to such it might be best to go with the Qi setup, one that is a "standard" (read standard, aka cheap /readily available , OR may be used on OTHER PHONES) vs proprietary stuff like the Nokia stuff which may be proprietary.

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Qi wireless charger showdown
2013-June

3 Charging solutions (One being Nokia DT-900 Qi charger, ah it appears the Nokia isn't proprietary! and could be used with other phones/devices!)
Qi wireless charger showdown | Android Central

LuguLake 6000mAh Qi - Enabled Inductive Wireless Charger Charging Pad; with Portable Power Bank With A USB Slot
Amazon.com: (UPGRADED) LuguLake 6000mAh Qi - Enabled Inductive Wireless Charger Charging Pad; Portable Power Bank With A USB Slot; Supports For Samsung NOTE 3, Galaxy S4 ; Nokia Lumia 920, Lumia 820; HTC Droid DNA, HTC 8X, HTC Rzound; Google Nexus 4,

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 that I'm planning on modding soon for wireless charging. I have Palm parts. The phone is my 2nd phone, but I'm dropping my 2nd line soon so I won't need the phone. I paid $90.02 for it, so I'm not out much if I mess something up! I have no idea how it's going to go, but I plan to record it and maybe I'll make a YouTube video.

I did the mod one time before to an LG Optimus V, but because of physical constraints I couldn't make the wireless charging coil fit in the stock back cover. The 520 seems to have plenty of room.

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 that I'm planning on modding soon for wireless charging. I have Palm parts. The phone is my 2nd phone, but I'm dropping my 2nd line soon so I won't need the phone. I paid $90.02 for it, so I'm not out much if I mess something up! I have no idea how it's going to go, but I plan to record it and maybe I'll make a YouTube video.

I did the mod one time before to an LG Optimus V, but because of physical constraints I couldn't make the wireless charging coil fit in the stock back cover. The 520 seems to have plenty of room.

Please do document the process, here's a service manual that might help:
http://files.nokia-x.com/pdf/Nokia%20Lumia%20520%20RM-914_915%20L1L2%20Service%20Manual.pdf

*Not much of a service manual, eh?
*In the manual is states to NOT reuse the screws which hold the unit together, I can only guess the screws have some kind of coating like Loctite you would use on conventional bolts, nuts, screws to keep the screws from backing out over time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon