Texting issues with the 521

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having texting issues with the Lumia 521?
My niece has a 521 on MetoPCS and told me that sometimes people don't get her texts which I thought was odd or something maybe she was doing, I have a friend that has a 521 on Tmobile and told me the same thing that even some pics don't get sent with the phone ? I looked at it and he had wifi calling turned on and all I could think is that was causing his problem but its odd that the same exact thing is going on with my Niece's phone ...

Does anyone know if this is a bug with the 521? is it per carrier ? and does nokia know about this and planning a fix
any info would be good to know
Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WiFi Calling allows send and receive for voice and SMS (plain text). It does not allow for send/receive of MMS (text with attachments).

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just transferred four lines to TMo from ATT and it looks like if your phone has the "WiFi Calling" app, you need to disable it/turn it off. My wife couldn't send a regular text msg, a text msg to multiple people/group or a text msg with a pic in it. After we turned off the "WiFi Calling" app it now seems to work fine.

Hopefully Tmo will find a fix for this soon...

50atomic

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
WiFi Calling allows send and receive for voice and SMS (plain text). It does not allow for send/receive of MMS (text with attachments).

Wi-Fi calling supports MMS, but only on a very few devices (read: not the Lumia 521). I do not know if its software related problem for the Lumia 521.
Overview: IMS Wi-Fi Calling | T-Mobile Support

I just transferred four lines to TMo from ATT and it looks like if your phone has the "WiFi Calling" app, you need to disable it/turn it off. My wife couldn't send a regular text msg, a text msg to multiple people/group or a text msg with a pic in it. After we turned off the "WiFi Calling" app it now seems to work fine.

Hopefully Tmo will find a fix for this soon...

You can also switch the preferences from Wi-Fi Preferred to Cellular Preferred. It works for me given fairly strong signal at home and only using Wi-Fi calling in areas with weak signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss