Cannot unlock T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 521

Lesgrant

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Nokia Lumia 521 from Ebay and was 100% sure that I could use it on the Wind Mobile network in Toronto.

I paid to have it unlocked and after nearly three weeks I was sent the unlock code which does not work. I sent the video to the unlock company to show them that it did not work and they have asked for another video with another sim card in it from another provider which I sent them.

I am waiting for them to get back to me as I would like my money back.

They are telling me that this phone is not compatible with Wind Mobile.

I read somewhere else that there is a Nokia app that we have to download to the phone before we can use it on Wind Mobile? Does anyone know anything about that?

I am not sure now if they sent me the wrong code or if it wont unlock because its not compatible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Phone support the bands that are needed for Wind Mobile see this thread. A few have unlocked the phone and used them on WIND.

T-Mobile has strict guidelines that have to be followed before they will unlock it themselves. You could try getting it from them, but, they are strict once again.

You should contact the company in which you got the unlock code for get your money back because code did not work and try a different unlocking company.

Nokia Access point is the app that you need once you get it unlocked.

Lesgrant

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. I have submitted two videos to them showing them that the code is not working. I am now waiting for them to get back to me. I will send them the link that you posted here to show them.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
They have told me that the reason that the unlock code is not working is because the phone is not compatible.

That's because they don't want to give you your money back.

If it doesn't work get your money back.

What happens if you dial ##782#?

Last edited:

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Nokia Lumia 521 from Ebay and was 100% sure that I could use it on the Wind Mobile network in Toronto.

I paid to have it unlocked and after nearly three weeks I was sent the unlock code which does not work. I sent the video to the unlock company to show them that it did not work and they have asked for another video with another sim card in it from another provider which I sent them.

I am waiting for them to get back to me as I would like my money back.

They are telling me that this phone is not compatible with Wind Mobile.

I read somewhere else that there is a Nokia app that we have to download to the phone before we can use it on Wind Mobile? Does anyone know anything about that?

I am not sure now if they sent me the wrong code or if it wont unlock because its not compatible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

How can I say this?

1: Post the NAME of the "unlocking" company you used.

That is the only way to hold their feet to the fire / hold them responsible. If you do most of the time it results in a quick refund, if you state you will do a "update" (not a deletion -hold fast on that aspect) of the info.

Doing so helps others, Don't you wish right now you had Googled the name of the company before handing over your money?

2: Removing the SIM lock allows a "Non-T-Mobile SIM to be used in the phone. As long as it's a GSM phone, a GSM SIM will work in it. The incompatibly issues that pop up are 1: The phone not having the required frequencies, 2: issues caused by "Branding" /Configuration problems.

PS: To the vendors, it actually helps your company for people that are having a problem to have customers "update" the info instead of deleting a neg review. The true judge of character, a company is how you handle problems...

Lesgrant

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So disappointing to me that this is how they have handled this. They are now not responding to my emails. I have contacted Paypal.

Lesgrant

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
After sending them two different videos they still cant refund my money. Then they said it was because the phone is not compatible with my service provider which is not true. They then asked me to call Wind Mobile to get the pin number and the PUK code which I did and still nothing works.

May 22, 2016
Visit site
cellunlocker.net CAN NOT unlock a Nokia Lumia 521 from T-Mobile.

I paid to get the unlock code from them and they finally replied that they are unable to give out unlock codes for that device under that carrier at this time.

I am really bummed about this, cuz I really love this device. I decided to move my service to Cricket Wireless because their data plans are UNLIMITED.

If anyone can find a work around for the unlock code, I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb