Xbox Music Crashing Until Opening the Second Time

seabrew

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My Xbox music app seems to always crash when I open the tile from the start screen. It's only on the second time I open the app, that it actually opens. I have wipe my phone so many times, it's not even funny.

Has anyone had this problem before?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have music stored on the MicroSD Card? If yes, I would suggest backing up the SD contents to the PC, then insert the SD in the phone and format it while being in the phone. Now copy the backed content back to the SD and it should be fine.

seabrew

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix it by inserting the SD than resetting the phone?

Sorry for the long delay. Just did some more troubleshooting and no that didn't fix it.

I now have a new issue with the DRM Xbox music tracks involving the "In Collection" and "Xbox Music Store" connection between an artist no longer exist. So, removing and formatting the card did not fix the problem. In fact, I have the issue when the SD card is removed from the phone. In fact, there is not even any music, videos, or podcasts on the phone's internal memory.

Man, I have had this problem with both a Lumia 820 and Lumia 521. I have been a windows phone ****** since WinMo/PocketPC days, but the constant bugs I keep getting with WP8 are making me think I should switch to Android. The main things I use my phone for are calendar, email, and music/radio...2 out of 3 of those I have had constant issues with. I have used a Samsung Focus, Focus S, and Lumia 900 and I think that all three were way more stable then the two WP8 devices I have been using.

seabrew

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I might be on to something. I think this issue has to do with podcasts. I wiped my phone one last time and I will not download a single podcast from the Xbox music store. So far, the Xbox Music app has been opening instantly. I'll continue to use podcasts through third party apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz