521 for international use?

eaglesoars

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the windows phone and forum and have a question about the 521:

I know that it be used in the US and Canada. But can it be used in Europe and Asia as well (Malaysia, China, India, Korea, Japan)? I have been researching this online, but couldnt find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It would have to be unlocked before you could use it on other carriers

Well it can be used has a World Phone has long has those carrier from other countries use these frequencies

521 Supports these bands.
2G/3G/4G Capable 850 MHz; 900 MHz; 1800 MHz; 1900 MHz
UMTS: Band II (1900); Band IV (1700/2100/AWS); Band V (850)

Since you are asking for so many Region, best to check Wikipedia Listing most of them are GSM 900/1800

List of mobile network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eaglesoars

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help. I am new to prepaid phone service and have a few more questions- will I need to give my SSN, DOB, credit card info to sign up with T-mobile? Just curious to know why they would need personal info like SSN, DOB for a prepaid card when I've purchased the phone and the prepaid card. Thanks.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know much about pre-paid requirements, but I'd guess a valid credit card should be enough.

Make sure you take a look a T-Mobile's new international roaming and data policy- it changes everything we talked about. Unless it's for US accounts only...

guxu

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help. I am new to prepaid phone service and have a few more questions- will I need to give my SSN, DOB, credit card info to sign up with T-mobile? Just curious to know why they would need personal info like SSN, DOB for a prepaid card when I've purchased the phone and the prepaid card. Thanks.
I've purchased several T-Mobile prepaid phones. No one asked me my SSN or DOB. Are you sure you were buying prepaid instead of post-paid?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
have purchased noika 521 is usa without T mobile contract, can it be used in india

or do we have to get the phone unlocked

phone will have to be unlocked. Which means you will have to search online for unlocking service. Tmobile will not unlock the phone because you are not a customer. Also
The phone may not work with all carriers has well. So you need to check with the carrier to see what bands are required. Bands are listed above that the 521 supports once again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans