GDR3 OTA update for our 521?

shmutt1980

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard if or when we are supposed to receive this? I've been searching through heaven and hell on an answer about this - and haven't been successful.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
T M phone right ?
TM says they've heard nothing yet ( it was a question posed on CS online Thursday I think) Just keep checking your phone.

Go to the source next time, you'll find out from TM -they will have the most current info
even if they are vague about it

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Decided to go ahead and do the dev sign up thing.
GDR3 is installing on the 521 right now...well at least it's at 100%
I don't see any restart yet it's been a while now

:unhappysweat:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Update!

All went well.
I don't see any problems or bugs yet.
The phone still shows it's on Amber.

There's a few nice features included.
I like being able to "X" out of apps.
The "Driving mode" is there also.

Doing this was worthwhile.

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I've found GDR3 to be pretty stable (I have been using it since it came out). My only grip is that now my phone lags a bit here and there. Not a huge deal, just every once in a while while switching apps or going to the start screen. I am assuming that the Lumia Black firmware will fix this. Being able to close apps has been super nice and helps my ocd a ton.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I will wait on the official release before installing on my 521. I just do not want to void my warranty.

Glad to hear that is working okay otherwise. Can't wait for Official Release once again, the features in gdr3 I can live without.

shmutt1980

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That's the main reason why I want this update, to close out apps quickly instead of hitting the back button over and over (thumb cramps). The other is adding customized text tones - I always miss text/emails because the ones provided aren't loud or long enough. If this doesn't arrive by the end of the month.... hello dev update.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it I saw the availability list to see when we get our update and it shows the 521 will indeed get it but...only for t mobile carriers...what gives....what about us metro pcs carriers I reckon we will be getting it along with them right?

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it I saw the availability list to see when we get our update and it shows the 521 will indeed get it but...only for t mobile carriers...what gives....what about us metro pcs carriers I reckon we will be getting it along with them right?

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile owns MetroPCS so I am assuming you will get it.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
When GDR2/Amber rolled out the T-Mobile 521, MetroPCS rolled out a few days later has well. I am expecting the same, not sure when. But it should be soon, T-Mobile has to test and make sure things like Wifi-Calling are working correctly.

prettylady34

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just check for phone update and my Nokia Lumia T-Mobile 521 is updating, not for sure what update it is thou.. Anyone else receive an update today for T-Mobile customer 521?

prettylady34

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
well i have drive mode, customer ringtones for Text message, i guess its the update 3 version 8.0.10521.155, i just got this phone about 3 weeks ago so I might be little behind on updates, not for sure... I was wondering if i was on the GDR3 or GDR2... I guess?

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
well i have drive mode, customer ringtones for Text message, i guess its the update 3 version 8.0.10521.155, i just got this phone about 3 weeks ago so I might be little behind on updates, not for sure... I was wondering if i was on the GDR3 or GDR2... I guess?

Yeah that sounds like it. If you go to extras+info does it say Lumia Black on the top?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

sounds like the dev gdr3 update...its a beta though and alot of bugs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077