GDR3 OTA update for our 521?

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Is that worth getting...I have a L521 and im hearing alot of people are experiencing bugs on it...

I had it for a while but haven't put it on my new replacement phone yet. The new features are nice but it made my phone noticeably slower, something I think the Nokia Black firmware will fix.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with it when I was running it, to be honest. However, I reverted back just in case. That way whenever Lumia black does show up, I'm ready for it.

Sent from my magical toaster

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I finally broke down and signed up for the dev program. My 920 and Icon already have GDR3 and I was tired of waiting. Seemed cruel to me that they released the TMo 925 update but not the 521 same day. Although I realize that means the 521 should be any day now, this will also net me early access to 8.1 on all three of my Lumias, which excites me quite a bit :-D

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with it when I was running it, to be honest. However, I reverted back just in case. That way whenever Lumia black does show up, I'm ready for it.

FYI: You'll still get black, even if you have GDR3. The updates aren't literally packaged together, but merely pushed simultaneously. Not to mention, the current version of GDR3 from the preview I'm pretty sure matches up version wise with GDR3 RTM that's been pushed to other handsets.

Speaking of which, runs great on my 521. I enjoy the wifi setup addition (helpful for resets), and i can finally close tasks. No bugs nor problems here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos