Internet unavailable on unsecured wifi

neerajnema

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently bought a Nokia Lumia 521 from HSN and am facing a peculiar problem.

I am currently staying in a hotel which has an unsecured wifi. When I connect to this wifi, status tells me 'Connected' but I am not able to browse Internet. Neither any applications of mine are able to connect to Internet and I receive an error message, 'Please check your network connection and try again.' My other devices such as laptop and other mobile work fine on this network. On the other hand, when I connect it to my office wifi which is a secured one, everything works perfectly. I am able to browse Internet as well as my apps also work fine.

I contacted T-Mobile tech support for this and have done soft as well as hard reset, but the issue still persist. Has anyone faced this issue or throw some light on it. I have a $30 plan instead of $50 plan. Could this be an issue?

Thanks
--Neeraj

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If you open up your browser there will probably be a page where you have to agree to the terms of using the hotels free wifi.

neerajnema

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can see the terms and conditions page and when I accept that, I cannot get past it. The page which usually follows the T&C page doesn't come up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos