Can I take a HSN Lumia 521 to Walmart to get the $30 plan?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
HSN has the Lumia 521 for 79.99 now. This would be a perfect first smartphone for my 13 yr old daughter. Can I get the phone from HSN and take it to Walmart to get the 30 a month plan or do you have to buy the phone from Walmart to get the 30 a month plan? Thx

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to buy the phone from WM to use the $30 plan. Talk time is limited to 100 minutes with this one. May not work for a 13 year old.

rc521

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to T-Mobile's $30 plan, you don't need to take the 521 to Walmart. You can choose and activate the $30 plan online on T-Mobile's website without ever setting foot inside a Walmart store.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to T-Mobile's $30 plan, you don't need to take the 521 to Walmart. You can choose and activate the $30 plan online on T-Mobile's website without ever setting foot inside a Walmart store.
Yes, I thought the 30 a month 100 min, unlimited talk/text was a Walmart exclusive, you are saying it isn't?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When I activated my T-Mo Pay as You Go talk\text on the T-Mobile website there was an option for new subscribers offering a $30.00 a month plan.

If I can get another T-Mo SIM kit for cheap I was going to try and activate again and see if that option reappeared for my phone.

When_Bears_Attack

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI, the T-Mobile $30 plan doesn't support roaming data. So if you live out it the boonies like I do, this could be a big problem for you. I didn't realize this when I opted in, so I'm swapping over to the $45 Straight Talk plan next month so I can use the AT&T network in my area for data. Other than that, it's been great. Just make sure you have T-Mobile data in your area and it's not through a "service partner" on their coverage map before you make the jump.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a nano and a micro. Some guy who commented on that link I posted said they would only be good for 60 days but I didn't find that on any of the printed material that came with the sims.

There was a warning on the package that there were Lithium batteries inside. So do sims have batteries in them?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There was a warning on the package that there were Lithium batteries inside. So do sims have batteries in them?

Hmmm...
Curious I'll have to look into the battery question.

I'm going to try to get the T-Mo store to switch a P as YG I have on another phone to one of the newer cards when they get here.
The other regular SIM has around 4000 minutes on it hope they'll do it for me.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: Went to a Tmobile store to look at a case for the phone that was a little more sturdier than the one that came from HSN. Talked to a rep and they said they could set me up for the Walmart 30 plan in the store. She signed me up and didn't charge me for the sim card. Got home, put the sim card in and everything works great. Very impressed with the phone. Very smooth and seems to perform as good as my Lumia 822. It is definitely better then the HTC Trophy Win 7 phone I had previously. I'd think I would be happy with the 521 coming from the Trophy. What a great phone and price point for Nokia and Windows 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon