Music Titles and Album Names Issue

mpcoomber

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I got my Nokia Lumia 521 a week ago and inserted a 16gb micro sd card into to put some music onto the phone. I did seem to get all the music I wanted onto it, although there is one artist on the phone that shows a lot of the songs as a "." for the title of the song, a simple period.
Let me start off by saying it the Icelandic band Sigur Ros. I changed all the song title from Icelandic to English, as well as the album names. I also combined a couple of albums into one, like a custom greatest hits for myself. The songs that are showing up as periods are also showing the names of the original album is was on too.

I used the Windows Phone App for Desktop to copy all the music over from my Itunes Library to the phone.
On my Itunes library the Sigur Ros albums show up just fine, but they are all mixed up on my Lumia.

Now my question is, am I able to edit the music on my phone, either on the phone itself or on the desktop?
I want to edit the album name and song names for these songs.
I can't seem to edit it on the Windows Phone App for Desktop, although it does show the "." songs on that app.
I put a screenshot of what I am seeing, in the attachments.

Thank you,
Mitch

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131201_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20131201_0001.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Use Windows Explorer, right click on songs, select properties, details and modify these fields for each song.

Contributing Artists, Album, Title,Album Artist. Add has needed and click ok when done.

Like this click to see larger pic

After that is done resync the songs to sd card and see if that helps any's..

mpcoomber

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the help,
I already have tried that before (Look at the attachment below)

If you look at the song I opened in explorer it is 'Gobbledigook', which is on the original album, 'Me? su? ? eyrum vi? spilum endalaust'.
In my original screenshot you can see that the 'Me? su? ? eyrum vi? spilum endalaust' album is showing periods. 'Gobbledigook' is the first "." song shown.
As you can see I made it to where the 'Gobbledigook' song is in the album 'Thanks...' and it shows it as it is in that album in Itunes, but it shows it on the original album on the phone.
This goes for the other songs on that album too.

I also turned off xbox music option when I got the phone as well.

I re-synced the songs, thinking that would work, but it didn't.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    437 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium