Just ordered the 521 for $50.00 on T-Mobile.Com. I can't wait!

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am soooo excited and i can't wait 4 the phone to arrive in the mail. I know its entry level and not high end, but i knew that when i made the purchase and will use this as a back up phone. I like the Windows OS even though i think its a bit boring and the app store is seriously lacking in simple apps like (Starbucks, Fandango, Hangouts, and other stuff), but hopefully it'll get all the good stuff in the 1st quarter of 2014.

I am a huge T-Mobile fan and a loyal customer. I hope they continue on their path to success and i refuse to switch carriers. I also love that T-Mobile is the only carrier that offers wi-fi calling on all their devices. I wish T-Mobile got the new Lumia 1520, but hopefully they'll get a new Lumia device in early 2014. I am seriously thinking about ditching my Galaxy Note 2 and becoming a Windows user permanently, but can't do till a high end model comes out and the apps are there. OH GAWD, i wish i had a 6 inch screen phone!

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait.

Is it true that it keeps automatically shutting off because he battery keeps falling out due to the space between the battery and the back cover? I read some reviews about people complaining that it keeps powering off for no reason.

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for one week, and I haven't experienced something like that. We should wait for a long-time user, though. BTW, don't forget to register your new L521 in the "World of Apps" promotion for your $20 dllrs. code. So, basically, you just spent $30 dllrs. (+tax) on your new phone. Congrats! :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait.

Is it true that it keeps automatically shutting off because he battery keeps falling out due to the space between the battery and the back cover? I read some reviews about people complaining that it keeps powering off for no reason.

Some of those powering off complaints are from folks who aren't familiar with the phones timeout setting.
We have 2 521's and one of them would go dead occasionally.

I tweaked the contacts slightly with a dental tool then the odd shutoffs disappeared.
Both phones are in cheap-o cases now also and no problems with any odd shutdown due to a loose battery.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
What an awesome price! Congrats on purchasing your first Windows Phone. You'll definitely love it! My best friend has a 521 and loves it. I think that one reviewer just got a lemon. I doubt you'll have any issues.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 521 for a month now (Actually one month to the day today..)

I love it. As someone who has used Android, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile 6, this phone is amazing. No flash and stuff, sure...but that's not that big a deal to me...ProShot and other apps can change EV and stuff...so no big deal there.

TL;DR

I love it. You will too.

(Side note: I'm a die hard Linux fan, and praising a Windows Phone...that should say something)

reedsutton

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Where do you see that price? I just missed the great Amazon deal now - its sold out - and I went on T-Mobile.com and I see the phone as $100.

Any info would be great!

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am soooo excited and i can't wait 4 the phone to arrive in the mail. I know its entry level and not high end, but i knew that when i made the purchase and will use this as a back up phone. I like the Windows OS even though i think its a bit boring and the app store is seriously lacking in simple apps like (Starbucks, Fandango, Hangouts, and other stuff), but hopefully it'll get all the good stuff in the 1st quarter of 2014.

I am a huge T-Mobile fan and a loyal customer. I hope they continue on their path to success and i refuse to switch carriers. I also love that T-Mobile is the only carrier that offers wi-fi calling on all their devices. I wish T-Mobile got the new Lumia 1520, but hopefully they'll get a new Lumia device in early 2014. I am seriously thinking about ditching my Galaxy Note 2 and becoming a Windows user permanently, but can't do till a high end model comes out and the apps are there. OH GAWD, i wish i had a 6 inch screen phone!

A long time ago I used a carrier called Aerial that was bought out by VoiceStream and then bought out by T-Mobile. From 15 years old to 27 years (T-mobile bought VoiceStream when I was 17) old I have stuck with t-mobile.

I was always faithful to them until one time when I was in New Orleans and needed to use my navigator and had no signal. That was the straw that broke the camels back so I switch to big red.

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If you log into your T-Mobile account at T-Mobile.com and shop and do an upgrade, it'll show you phones that the stores don't carry or older models that have been discontinued like (HTC 4G Sensation or HTC Radar). Anyways, the 521 refurbished was on sale for 50.00 and a new one is 150. I am fine with the refurbished model. For some reason, i checked out and paid for my order, but got a message during check out that says "Unable to process order at this time". So i call 611 on my phone and the rep puts the order for me over the phone, but he 2 was encountering issues during check out and he said the refurbished one is not being carried via telesales. He said he only carries new ones. Since he was encountering problems in putting in my order, he said he'll send me a new 521 model which is retail at 150.00 and said his manager approved the price override and gave me the new model at the refurbished price 4 waiting so long and apologized for the technical computer errors. He also said he did this cause i am such a good customer. This is why i love T-Mobile. For all the wait and back and forth, it was the nicest thing ever 2 have him give me a new phone for 50 bucks.

I can't wait 2 get it. Should be arriving on Monday.

Amazon has it for 69 i believe. I know it says sold out, but check back the next day and they'll have it in stock again. I tried to buy on amazon as well and then it was sold out, so thats when i logged into my account at t-mobile.com and placed my order. Good luck.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A (refurb) 521 for $50?

Hear that? That's the sound of my sighing upon finding out that you paid roughly a fifth what I paid for my 620 ;)

Great deals attract great minds, they say!

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Wow. How much did you pay and what carrier?

I really want a high end up Windows phone with T-Mobile, but i can hold out and use the 521 till the high one is released. I just wish the apps was there already because the OS has been out for 2 years. How hard is it to make a Fandango and Starbucks app available on a Windows phone? I just dont get it sometimes.

I had the Lumia 925, but sold it and went back to my Note 2 because the apps was lacking and some other things frustrated me, but i will admit the WP OS is fluid and not buggy like Android.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow. How much did you pay and what carrier?

I really want a high end up Windows phone with T-Mobile, but i can hold out and use the 521 till the high one is released. I just wish the apps was there already because the OS has been out for 2 years. How hard is it to make a Fandango and Starbucks app available on a Windows phone? I just dont get it sometimes.

I had the Lumia 925, but sold it and went back to my Note 2 because the apps was lacking and some other things frustrated me, but i will admit the WP OS is fluid and not buggy like Android.

Roughly $250 unlocked. I use it PAYG, so I end up paying roughly $30 a month on my carrier.

As for the apps, some companies simply develop for the big two and that's it. Try waiting till 2014 for these apps. It is way easier to just throw hardware at a problem like this.

Well, I hope you did make the right choice. The apps will come, but will they be the right apps for you?

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 521 and man is the app store still lacking in simple apps. Also the OS is nice and fluid, but still boring. Note 2 is still my daily driver and the 521 will be back up incase the Note 2 ever dies.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 521 and man is the app store still lacking in simple apps. Also the OS is nice and fluid, but still boring. Note 2 is still my daily driver and the 521 will be back up incase the Note 2 ever dies.

What apps do you find lacking? I know there are a few apps I wish WP8 had (BBC News and whatnot) but over the past two months, many large apps made their way to the WP store.

berrydroidapple

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 521 for a little shy of a month now, great little phone. I purchased it on Black Friday from Ebay, it seems everyone sold out of the 520 that day, by chance grabbed a refurb from eBay for $59. I'm glad I have the 521 because the phone is a secondary for me, as I still have Android devices as my daily driver. In my opinion the 521 is a better value in the long compared to the 520 because ATT&T's monthly would have been roughly $60+ monthly for I believe up to 2GB, T-Mobile $30 monthly plan is now 5GB 4G , but drops to 2G thereafter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss