Can't get wi-fi calling from T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 521

adwizard

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm a newbie. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get my WIFI CALLING feature to work. I can get internet access easy. It works great, but no wi-fi calling. I have scoured the internet, watched tons of videos, talked to countless reps and get a different answer every time. Some people say I have to have an app like Skype in order to take advantage of this feature. Others say "not at all." The Nokia website itself doesn't mention anything like having to have an app to make this feature work. Is there a specific T-Mobile plan I need to make this work. I'm currently on a $50/mo.no contract plan. What's the secret to take advantage of this neat feature. If anybody could help, I'd appreciate it greatly. Need to know soon, otherwise the phone goes back to T-Mobile for return and cancellation. Thanks.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a newbie. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get my WIFI CALLING feature to work. I can get internet access easy. It works great, but no wi-fi calling. I have scoured the internet, watched tons of videos, talked to countless reps and get a different answer every time. Some people say I have to have an app like Skype in order to take advantage of this feature. Others say "not at all." The Nokia website itself doesn't mention anything like having to have an app to make this feature work. Is there a specific T-Mobile plan I need to make this work. I'm currently on a $50/mo.no contract plan. What's the secret to take advantage of this neat feature. If anybody could help, I'd appreciate it greatly. Need to know soon, otherwise the phone goes back to T-Mobile for return and cancellation. Thanks.

521 is enabled for W-Fi calling you "might" need a different SIM = CALL T Mobile / 611 =they are the ones who had it enabled with a patch
- CALL 611 ask for technical help.& to heck with the CS agent go right to Technical if you don't get an answer, AND ask to speak to a supervisor.

And read what the below doc says to them if they play dumb. YOU DON'T NEED SKYPE - TALK TO A SUPERVISOR !
Read this Wi-Fi calling: Nokia Lumia 521 | T-Mobile Support

and download this app (see comment below)
Wi-Fi Calling | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

You won't find it in the store when you search so copy and past the address and email it to your phone or try to have it sent to your phone from the store from the link above Make sure you have an MS account to sign into because you'll need an MS account to get these sent from the store or maybe just copy and past address and email it to your phone. Good Luck
This will NOT enable Wi-Fi calling this will just allow you to configure it if yours is.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Be sure to enter your e911 info on the phone from the My Account app installed on the phone.
I tried several times from the T-Mobile website and never had any luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro