Install apps to SD Card. Microsoft really? Like seriously? "REALLY"?:(

msoler29

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Are they ever going to come out with an update, this 8 gigs on the main memory just isn't enough. I can't download as many apps as I want, because the micro sd card only saves songs, pictures, videos, and other items anything but apps..... Microsoft should know better, and is there any way to customize the SMS messages?

Thanks. :crying:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft really? Like seriously? "REALLY"?:(

Did you not look at the specs before you bought it, or didn't you understand what all those specs meant
as far as how the limited amount of native storage and how the limits of 512 RAM would play out ?
It's good low end smartphone other than that from what I've read, it's it ?

Customize SMS as in sounds ? with GDR3 you can.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Look at his avatar and the number of posts. He doesn't even deserve a reply.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

The L521/520 are the most basic WP - what do you expect for paying so little for them?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Ya, and look at his posts. They are rubbish. His other posts are digging up a year old thread just for the hell of it. I'd say his motive is questionable.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Ya, and look at his posts. They are rubbish. His other posts are digging up a year old thread just for the hell of it. I'd say his motive is questionable.

I think this constitutes a conspiracy to deny said member his first amendment rights :smile:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Are they ever going to come out with an update, this 8 gigs on the main memory just isn't enough. I can't download as many apps as I want, because the micro sd card only saves songs, pictures, videos, and other items anything but apps..... Microsoft should know better, and is there any way to customize the SMS messages?Thanks. :crying:

Where he states "Microsoft should know better" just shows he is trolling. Last time I checked MS didn't build the phone Nokia did.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Of course it does since 2.2 onwards. Not all apps though, they need to support it, but it works. If it's rooted you can move any app to SD card though.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Not even Android let you save apps in your SD-Card unless is rooted.

so? Does it mean that we also cannot do it in the future? How can this OS wins others if it's lacking of special features?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

this feature is coming in an update , 8.1 I believe , as others have said android still doesn't let you move apps to sd card without rooting so I don't know what the op is saying implying really? my old s4 was a nightmare only 8gb of the 16gb mass memory was available due to bloatware , then the mass memory filled up so quickly with my apps and app data that my s4 would crawl along and id have to hard reset then become picky with what apps I installed as it had limited space so a ?550 flagship was having the same / more troubles with mass memory then a ?90 budget phone lol

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
so? Does it mean that we also cannot do it in the future? How can this OS wins others if it's lacking of special features?

Even though Android or iPhones can't fly me to the moon, Windows Phone should so it can win me over with ridiculous special features?

Using external storage for apps, especially in a sandboxed environment, isn't the easiest thing to do. Its also not as heavily desired as other big features like notification center, etc.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

You know... 8gb of space and 512mb of ram is still better than the basic of Android phones, and then your also getting updates for a year and a half to two years, I don't recall the actual number of months. That alone is just wow on Microsoft's end. :D

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Stuff like the PSP and 3DS have been saving apps to memory cards for silly amounts of years. =/ No excuses for cellphones to not have the same capabilities tbh.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft extended it's support of WP8 out to 36 months. I do believe there is a topic pinned in the Windows Phone 8 section that covers this.

As to amount of ram and storage....I ran an HTC Radar(WP 7.8), for a year and a half with these specs and it had more then enough room. After you use a phone for some time you become used to it.
If you think your a Power user, then you will know ahead of time to get a phone that fits your needs.

P.S.
I still use all I need on my Nokia 1020, and what I have on it would still fit on the Radar.....in the storage tab the biggest section by far is free space.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The troll talk stops here. If you can't contribute to this thread in a positive way don't post in it.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't think that will be possible in future. Why would Microsoft open such a great hole in OS security? We can't install apps from anywhere except Store and Store apps are checked before they are posted. And if we install apps to SD card, we could install the same SD card into our computer and modify an already installed app to do an interop unlock for us, for example. And it won't be cheked becasue it's already installed from Store and trusted within the system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion