Remove uninstalled apps

ge154

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Storage Check details that my Lumia 521 has apps which I have previously 'uninstalled', such as:
Freddy 155 MB
AE Sudoku 98MB
Solitare 56MB
and many more
I've also 'removed' my maps previously downloaded to the phone, and downloaded them again to the SD card, but Storage Check indicates I still have 178 MB on the phone. However when I click on "Maps" in storage check it only shows the downloaded maps on the SD card. Is there a way to free up this space that storage check indicates is being used?

Daneshd1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem.. even i deleted the maps and downloaded to sd card .. But yet the storage shows i have 178mb of maps on phone

ge154

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I ran Storage Cleaner app a few times, but it did not remove the apps and maps reported on the phone by Storage Check, nor did it change the 'free space' reported by Storage Check. Storage Check indicates that "Other" consumes 888 MB and that "Apps" takes up 3.2 GB, many of the apps I have uninstalled. Not sure if it is the operating system or the way the apps are written that causes some of them to not go away.

garry bryant

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I got a similar problem i had 1.2gb of storage available downloaded a game but cancelled during installation, but it has taken up 600mb of memory, ive tried clearing temp files, i recently found out that the storage cleaner app doesn't work with the latest gdr3 lumia black update, any ideas of how to get the lost memory back without having to reset my phone would be greatly appreciated. Using Nokia lumia 820.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe you can try downloading the game fully then uninstalling, assuming it writes to the same storage area of course.

eMike

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I found this and it worked for me:

Go to Lumia Storage Check
Set to download maps to SD Card
Downloaded some map
In Lumia Storage Check, reset to download maps to phone
Press remove sd card on the phone storage option
Back to LSC, tapped "maps" button and deleted map (delete map from phone)
Restart the phone
###Profit :cool:

D Acosta

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same exact problem like ive uninstalled apps and turned,on and off the operating system but nothing seems to fuction im using a Nokia Lumia 521

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett