Can't send: media content

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The past couple of days I have been having an issues sending text messages with pictures( My network is MetroPCS) I have been getting this error message:

"can't send: media content in this message".

Now this odd because since I got the phone in December I have had no problems sending messages with pictures but lately I have had the aforementioned issue. I have not changed any wi-fi or cellular settings or anything like that and have been able to receive pictures without a problem. I then turned off wifi and tested to see if that was the issue and sent out a set of pics and they were sent successfully. I then turned on the wifi on and then set out another set of pics and was met with "can't send: media content in this message".

So while I understand that I can send it on my cellular network, the issue is I that before a couple of days ago I never had this issue and I had the wifi on since I got the phone. Anyone have any idea why this has suddenly started happening?

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Had a similar problem on my Lumia 900, and my gf just had a similar problem with her 8x. Both were remedied by just clearing out conversations for some reason. On my Lumia 900 what triggered it was trying to download an photo without being connected to cellular data; on the HTC 8x not sure what might have been the cause but was fixed after we cleared all the messages. Might be a corrupted message.

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I just cleared all my messages and unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. This is really frustrating because I have no clue what is causing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99