Dead Pixel?

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
When I received my Nokia Lumia 521 I opened Internet Explorer and saw this dot in the top left corner. I had WiFi and Cellular Data turned off. Do you guys also have this dot in the corner? Is there maybe some sort of image that I can open up on my phone to check if my phone has any dead pixels on the screen?

Why is there so much extra space to the right of my attached picture? The original jpg that I attached doesn't have this.

Attachments

• dead pixel.jpg
    dead pixel.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 21

keegh

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing, two small dead pixels around the top right of the phone.

Luckily I only use this phone as a music player so not much hassle

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same thing, two small dead pixels around the top right of the phone.

Luckily I only use this phone as a music player so not much hassle
Could you take a screenshot and post the two small dead pixels on your phone? I returned my phone and got a new one, my new phone also has the dot in the top left corner.

I emailed Nokia about the dot and they said it should not be there. Here is part of what they had to say:
"First, restart your phone. To do so, just press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart. If the issue still persists, reset and restore your phone. This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings."
-I restarted my phone and the dot is still there. I also restarted my phone by holding the power button for 10-25 seconds. Does anyone know what are the differences between the two methods to restart the phone? I have not tried to restore my phone yet.

"Should the issue still occurs, update your phone software. You can check first if there is an available software update for your phone by going to the Start screen first, swipe left, and tap Settings > Phone update > Check for updates"
-There are no new updates for my phone, dot is still there.

Will try that Screen Test Helper app and post back.

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I ran the Screen Test Helper app and don't see any dead pixels, this was run on Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan update, I didn't run it with Windows Phone 8.0 Lumia Black update.

I recently did the Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan update and I don't see the black dot in the top left corner anymore in Internet Explorer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers