Some questions about using Co-Piliot GPS and moving map(s) to SD card, and HERE

auburndale

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Would like to move the regional US map which seem specific to Co-Pilot GPS app to the SD card.

My 521 is set to load maps and pictures to the SD card, but the map for this program seems to be an integral part of it. Program and map take up almost 1GB on the 8 GB drive. Any assistance appreciated.

Can someone comment on how well the program works? I hesitate to drop $10 to unlock the voice, and hesitate to use it without the voice. As I see it, this program has a big advantage over HERE DRIVE because it'll search for places and addresses.

Have been unable to set HERE DRIVE to go anywhere other than the community it's in. How does one choose a destination outside of the community they are in? Mine reads the name of it under the right side of the box where the address is entered, must be simple to do but haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I believe WP8.1 will allow you to save apps and their data to the SD card. I am in the Netherlands but Here drive ➕ will let me search for an address in another country automatically, just enter street and town name as usual. I'm a bit puzzled why you are having trouble. Checked for update? If you are looking for a free GPS app with detailed offline maps, I recommend NaviComputer, as a good alternative.

Last edited:

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I have just found out there are two versions of the app- I have an 820 which comes with here drive plus installed free; this has global coverage. Here drive is regional only but can be extended to other areas by payment.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Here Drive will also search for places and addresses. If you have no data connection, the amount of POIs (points of interests) is more limited than other systems (like Garmin has a ton more POIs).

Here Drive is restricted to your designated region. However, you can also pay to upgrade to Here Drive+ which is global.

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It has just been announced that Here Drive plus will be free to install with windows phone 8.1 for all phones. That is a good deal.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
May be pricing is dependent on a country. In India here Maps and Here Drive plus are absolutely free and one can download map of any country or region. Only data charges will apply so I have downloaded India maps via Wifi (approx. 850 megs). Once the map is downloaded you can search for any place anywhere in the world even without a data connection. If I search for some place in London or New York (which are not present offline) it eats up little bit of data, but I do get the result anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo