04-26-2014 11:30 PM
30 12
tools
    After downloading the 2nd update are the spinning gears supposed to take long?? Its been like 10 mins maybe more now..
    04-22-2014 09:43 PM
    yup, takes a while
    04-23-2014 02:42 AM
    The T-Mobile version of the 8.1 update will probably be out sometime in June! I waiting patiently!
    04-23-2014 07:10 PM
    Texting no longer works over WiFi calling. The message center number gets erased and it is not possible to even enter it manually.
    04-24-2014 05:40 PM
    For me it's been a mixed bag. The new features are working pretty well. Cortana is great fun to play with and actually pretty useful in terms of setting reminders, calendar updates, etc.

On the negative side, there is a definite performance hit, with lag that didn't exist before. It's not consistent, so no way to tell what the cause is. Sometimes Cortana will launch instantly, sometimes it takes several seconds. General navigation is spotty as well, with smooth buttery WP goodness at times and Android-like delays at other times. I've done a soft reset and don't want to go through the bother of a hard reset and reinstalling everything with the likely end result that nothing will change. It's not horrible and I'll live with it and hope that an MS or Nokia firmware update will improve it.

The biggest downside - which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else in regards to the 521 - is that SMS is no longer working when using T-Mobile wifi calling. I can still place and receive calls using wifi calling, but attempting to send an SMS message immediately comes back with the phone telling me it couldn't send the message. And incoming messages never make it.

I knew it was risky installing 8.1 and although there are a few issues, overall I'm glad I did it.
    Thanks for posting this!! I thought I was going crazy when I put my phone on WiFi and people were saying they were sending me messages but I wasn't getting them. I suspected it was a bug with running 8.1 and experimented and figured it out. It really sucks that I can't use WiFi at home though.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-26-2014 11:30 PM
30 12