Cant get cassette adapter to work with 521?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh. I have no idea. I got rid of all my cassettes 25 years ago. Do they even make cassette players anymore?
They don't manufacture then anymore, but a lot of our people here in India use cassette players. I am 17, and I also listen to some Tamil songs on my parents cassette player(Sony) sometimes. :) dunno whether they still use them on the U.S. though.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
hackmaster, when you plug it in, does it register as headphones or anything?

Better question, do headphones work in your phone? Are you on WP8 or the developer preview of 8.1?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with your 521...I have an FM transmitter that I use daily. And if the cassette adapter is a 3.5mm which I assume it is, and it works in the HTC...it SHOULD work on the 521...

Also lets try the dumb but sometimes simplest questions/answers....

Volume up all the way? Rebooted your phone recently? Sometimes a reboot solves random issues.

hackmaster5000

May 3, 2014
Visit site
hackmaster, when you plug it in, does it register as headphones or anything?

Better question, do headphones work in your phone? Are you on WP8 or the developer preview of 8.1?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with your 521...I have an FM transmitter that I use daily. And if the cassette adapter is a 3.5mm which I assume it is, and it works in the HTC...it SHOULD work on the 521...

Also lets try the dumb but sometimes simplest questions/answers....

Volume up all the way? Rebooted your phone recently? Sometimes a reboot solves random issues.

Headphones work fine, I can't even control the volume when I plug in the adapter it jumps on mute, not matter how i press the volume button it doesnt move. The operating system is 8.0, I just bought this phone brand new not even a month ago.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That's incredibly bizarre...if it was the phone, the headphones wouldn't work I'd imagine....yet the adapter works with other phones...*scratches head* really at this point, I have no idea. Sorry about that :/ perhaps try looking into the company that produces the adapter? See if anyone has said anything similar?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
As one last question I just thought of... Have you tried the adapter recently? Just curious. In another device I mean.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit