I don't understand the directions to block incoming, unwanted calls on Lumia 521.
    Where do I find an app to do this and how do I apply it?

Thanks so much.
    05-06-2014 08:00 PM
    I don't understand the directions to block incoming, unwanted calls on Lumia 521.
    Where do I find an app to do this and how do I apply it?

Thanks so much.
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral. You won't need a special app to do this. Please see this article: How do I block unwanted calls on my Nokia Windows Phone? | Windows Phone Central
    Guytronic, xandros9 and Flooka like this.
    05-06-2014 10:29 PM
    Hi Laura:

Thank you for these easy directions, however, I do not have anything which says *call + SMS*...... it is not in my app list or system list. I checked the phone to see if the *block* came up when I pressed on a phone number and it does not. Can you explain to me how to block calls without doing this or what I need to do to find the *call+SMS*..... I also don't know where to go to accept the terms. This is not clear to me and I can't find anything on the phone which even resembles the photos shown in the help article.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your patience with me.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-07-2014 11:38 AM
    If you scroll through the list in the settings app, does it show up? (like Wi-Fi, touch, find my phone...)

If not, you may need to pick up an app (like "SysApp Pusher") to download it, since there's a possibility it wasn't installed when it should've been. (check the settings first, its should be there. NOT in the apps list with Office, Phone...)
    Flooka likes this.
    05-07-2014 02:52 PM
    No, it's just not there. I have the Wi-Fi, touch and find my phone but there is no *Call'+ SMS*....

Ok, I went to this site and downloaded but I have no idea where it downloads to in my phone or how to install it.
    SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Also, I think I turned off the *push applications* app but I do not know where to find that again in the phone to turn it on.

Thank you for the info... I appreciate it !
    05-07-2014 04:18 PM
    Ok, I found the download app in my settings...and as I scroll down it has the call+SMS filter and underneath it ...it says Version is Unknown and there is a red square app with a shield inside it ....this looks like a warning of some kind.... I have absolutely no idea what is happening with this or how to proceed.
    05-07-2014 05:12 PM
    No, it's just not there. I have the Wi-Fi, touch and find my phone but there is no *Call'+ SMS*....

Ok, I went to this site and downloaded but I have no idea where it downloads to in my phone or how to install it.
    SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Also, I think I turned off the *push applications* app but I do not know where to find that again in the phone to turn it on.

Thank you for the info... I appreciate it !
    its an app, so it will be in the main app list.

Also, I know what toggle you're talking about and it shouldn't make a difference in this case.
    05-07-2014 05:22 PM
    I had to call nokia to install it....all is well now.... all is working perfectly.
    Thank you all for you help.
    05-07-2014 07:25 PM
    Help I have all the sms + filter everything is updated to the windows 8.1 preview but I cannot find block number it was on there before were it was super easy but now I can't get block number to come up. Everything is enabled I can get mute this thread but that just does not tell me about notification does not block. When I hold in to screen it gives the two options delete or mute. How do I get the block option to show up on a contact? all settings are on and I have block numbers enabled just cant get how to chose a number.
    07-17-2014 02:59 PM
    You should be able to add them through Applications-->Phone->History, press on them and option should show "block number" .
    07-17-2014 10:34 PM