Can I add curse words to the predictive text?

Terrorizer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I tend to use colorful language, even while texting. I notice that my phone does not show curse words as a suggestion of complete words while I am typing. Is there anyway to add them or change this? It seems really silly to not have this. Also, when I use speech to text curse words are censored, is there any way to change that?

My nexus tablet doesn't have these issues, I hope there is a way to change these things. Any help would be appreciated.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was able to add them on my 620, so you could theoretically add anything to the dictionary.

Type the word out, then tap, then there should be an option to add it in the predictive carousel.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: My vocabulary is incredibly colorful. My phone knows my favorite phrase, which I can't even utter here ;)

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Terrorizer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to add them on my 620, so you could theoretically add anything to the dictionary.

Type the word out, then tap, then there should be an option to add it in the predictive carousel.

I don't see how I can do this. Do I type it out in the box for a text message?

I see that works for 8.1, but I have 8.0, shouldn't my phone have updated to 8.1 automatically?

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: My vocabulary is incredibly colorful. My phone knows my favorite phrase, which I can't even utter here ;)

How did you do it?

jeffro02

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I see that works for 8.1, but I have 8.0, shouldn't my phone have updated to 8.1 automatically?

No. 8.1 isn't officially released, only the developer preview. This needs to be manually installed. The public release will be automatically installed. Probably someone in late June, though the official release date has not been announced.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
To answer how I did it, I kept correcting auto correct. And it now corrects me to make sure I didn't mean or did mean to curse.

Edit: I sshould state that I am on the developer preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo