Volume help, please!!!!!!!!

Iv0361362

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my lumia 521 to the devoloper preview of the 8.1, Cortana works AMAZING, and so far i haven't had any problems, except for one issue, the volume doesn't work!!!! When headphones are in use the volume works fine, but when the headphones are taken out the phone goes mute!!! The updated volume controls go all the way to thirty, but to no avail!!! no sounds from music, videos, and notifications, when i call i can't hear if it rings and i can't listen to the other people in the line. i am so desperate for help, please help!!!!!!!:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Iv0361362

May 16, 2014
Visit site
sorry this is my first phone so i don't really know how to do a soft reset, BUT, the sound suddenly started emmiting from speaker late last night. the thing is the sound disappeared this afternoon. I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When you plug in a headphone the speaker is shut off by a switch built into the headphone jack. Your problem sounds like a connection problem. Try plugging in and out a headphone jack several times to work this switch. Try removing the cover like you do to access the sim and locate the speaker by where the sound port is and carefully tap it to see if it cuts in and out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium