can i preset different volumes at different times?

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just cancelled my land line, so my cell is it. I used to just turn my volume to 0 at night , but now I want to leave the ringer on. If I get an email or text in the middle of the night, its probably not that important. However a phone call at 1 am could be. I want to let my phone ring, but turn of other notifications before going to sleep. When I wake up, then turn everything back on. Is there away to do this quickly? I know that it can be done separately, but that is to time consuming on an on going basis.

dorkitude

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If you are on the 8.1 preview, you can turn on Cortana and then you'll get access to the Quiet Hours settings. This will allow you to mute notifications and rings between a specific time frame. You can then set up your "inner circle" of contacts that will ring through regardless of the quiet hour settings, and turn on the option to allow any call through if they call more than twice in three minutes.

If you aren't on 8.1, there are apps like Volume that allow you to set up profiles. I haven't used this app, but I have a friend that swears by it.

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6