521 use on AT&T

jay pugh1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked 521 and I want to use it on at&t network. I already have an at&t sim card with a different number than my current one. I tried inserting sim and I can call and receive calls on at&t but no mms or internet. Do I need to change something in settings to make this work on at&t?

Also will I be able to switch back and forth between tmobile and at&t?

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You likely have to update your phone's APN settings manually to get MMS and internet working. Keep in mind that with the 521 you'll only get 2G internet speeds (the 520 has the 3G bands for AT&T).

You can switch back and forth if it is unlocked, but if your phone isn't picking the APN settings you may have to keep updating them when you switch to the other network.

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use my 521 on Simple Mobile (running MVNO T-Mo) and I had to MANUALLY Change my APN settings. I posted how to do this on a separate thread. Likely you have to manually do this as well. They are pushed to devices like BlackBerry, but apparently not my Nokia.

jay pugh1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I changed the sim card out from ATT, I was inserting in the 521, because I thought it was damaged. Now with a new sim card in 521 on ATT network the internet works fine. Old sim card I was inserting in the 521 was previously installed in a dumb phone on ATT network. I later found out the reason the 521 would not connect to ATT was that wi-fi calling only was turned on. So this lucky change caused the internet to work?

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I changed the sim card out from ATT, I was inserting in the 521, because I thought it was damaged. Now with a new sim card in 521 on ATT network the internet works fine. Old sim card I was inserting in the 521 was previously installed in a dumb phone on ATT network. I later found out the reason the 521 would not connect to ATT was that wi-fi calling only was turned on. So this lucky change caused the internet to work?

Perhaps. I do know that when I use my 521 (locked t-mobile), I also used the sim card from a feature phone had it cut out and using it in the 521 right now; I did lose the ability to wifi call, but claims it receives 4g service. The sim card that came with my phone is an advance sim card, I did not use it. Have you contacted att to help you?

jay pugh1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
A couple months ago when I called they could not fix the no internet. The 521 has internet now on ATT after getting a new sim card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon