lumia 521 cyan update

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
521 on Metro here, I think it's because MS is rolling the updates to phones on more carriers, and/or the high end phones :/

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the carriers have to test it and then push the update.

it could be that the department or something responsible for update testing is having backups, or they're devoting resources to other things they deem more important than whether a phone gets its update.

or they could just be evil and/or lazy, who knows.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
No rush for me, if they are testing it for carriers they maybe making the process of double checking things before sending the update out perhaps.

Dark_Shroud

May 3, 2014
Visit site
T-mobile seems to lag in general on updates. It appears they do this with Android phones as well.

I only went with the 521 because I needed a smart phone while waiting for the successors to the 1520 & 1020 to be released. No regrets with WP 8.1, just T-mobile service.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile seems to lag in general on updates. It appears they do this with Android phones as well.

I only went with the 521 because I needed a smart phone while waiting for the successors to the 1520 & 1020 to be released. No regrets with WP 8.1, just T-mobile service.

well if their plans are cheaper, perhaps this is the tradeoff?

n3ti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally caved in and installed Dev preview last night. Apart from texts when on wifi- calling everything working great. No change in battery so far.

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Does it lag for you? It does on my 521 sometimes, it gets annoying.
Also, how's cortana for you? Slow for me, but my gosh is she useful.

n3ti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Does it lag for you? It does on my 521 sometimes, it gets annoying.
Also, how's cortana for you? Slow for me, but my gosh is she useful.
It is very similar to wp8 in performance. I did factory reset after update. Sliding keyboard is great improvement in day to day use.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Bought an unlocked lumia 521 for TMobile on ebay with 8.1 update that the seller assured was full update.
Bought a locked lumia 521 from Walmart with good ole 8.0
Nokia assured me today that they have not yet rolled out the 8.1 update for Lumia
Problem found with wifi on the 8.1 where it does not automatically reconnect to wifi after soft or hard power down.
Pain in the neck to have to reinsert password to get wireless each time I wake the unit up.
Is this a know bug in the developer's trial??
Update:
forgot to save settings on secured network. bug was ME not MS ;-)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro