Lumia 521 WiFi Login to Local Server Problems

beb101

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
My 521 is unlocked with no SIM installed, with Win 8.1 preview developer edition and is connected to my wireless network.
If I type a known site such as Google or Yahoo into IE on the 521, the page display is nearly instantaneous so WiFi works just fine.

The problem is I have several devices on my network that are administered by web servers. If I type an IP address such as
192.168.0.166 to access the server it is necessary to login with a user name and a password. I can login from any computer on my network, but not with the Lumia 521. With the 521, the login page comes up and I enter the correct user/password, but it is always rejected.

I bought the Lumia 521 specifically to test login to the device servers from the Internet via Dyndns and Port forwarding is setup correctly on my router. However, when I insert a T-Mobile SIm in good standing (wiFi, off) and issue <MyDevice>.dyndns.org:8080 from Ie on the 521, the same thing happens; the login is rejected.

So, getting to the question: is there some setting I am missing or is this a bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven