Lumia 521 bricked. What now?

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 521 is completely dead. Nothing happens when I push power button or plug it in. I've replaced the battery but still dead. Anyone had similar issue? Any clues what is the problem?

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hehe, it's been dead for 3 months. I forgot about it but now I want to revive it again. I've tried having it plugged in for two days and still no signs of life. I've tried different chargers. When I connect it to the computer, nothing happens on the phone, but I hear the USB notification on the computer.....no signs of it though. No vibrations whatsoever.

Not sure if it helps, but it was in the middle of charging when it died.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't help you but damn it the number of times you used the word dead is funny. As well as that you've left it for three months. And that it died from a heart attack while exercising (wouldn't be funny if it was a person).

Last edited:

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I can bring you humor with it. ;-) Looks like a mod changed my title to be more descriptive, although dead pretty much sums it up. No pulse whatsoever, no matter how many times I've tried to resuscitate it.

Jesse Sasso

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia Software Recovery Tool has the ability to 'revive' your device, and flash a clean version of your phones OS. It should be able to find your device when you plug it in, then it will remove the OS, restore the OS, and restart the phone automatically in a total of about 30 minutes.
Recovery Tool FAQ & download: microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Was having hope but recovery tool tells me my model phone is not supported by the recovery tool. :-(

It's a T-Mobile issued Nokia Lumia 521.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Open Data Package Manager, download the Lumia 521 ROM by entering the Product Code and the Variant Model (search for Lumia 521 Product Code). Once the ROM has been downloaded, open Nokia Software Recovery, click open Product, select Lumia 521 and from Programming select Recovery and perform a dead flash. Search around for details

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Open Data Package Manager, download the Lumia 521 ROM by entering the Product Code and the Variant Model (search for Lumia 521 Product Code). Once the ROM has been downloaded, open Nokia Software Recovery, click open Product, select Lumia 521 and from Programming select Recovery and perform a dead flash. Search around for details

Don't know for the OP, but im having the same issue he has with a 925.. I have gone through everything you have mentioned two days ago.. The problem is that since the phone is totally dead (does not vibrate/respond in any way) the recovery can't start...

To OP i was considering changing my battery, but now that you've said that it didn't help you at all.... Oh well I have already ordered a battery...

Maybe it's worth mentioning that in my case the windows logo does light up, for 3-5 seconds before dying again, after i connect it to the laptop

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Was having hope but recovery tool tells me my model phone is not supported by the recovery tool. :-(

It's a T-Mobile issued Nokia Lumia 521.

As I was searching for help with my phone I did come across sth that helped others.. The current NSU is suppose to support 8.1 so it's weird that it says no support (im assuming you have 8.1 and dev preview).. A user suggested that while the program is trying to identify your phone, just do the following: press vol up, vol down, power and end with vol down button..

Another suggestion was to delete the phones drivers via dev manager on your pc/laptop

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded ROM but I don't see where to "open product" in Nokia Software Recovery?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
lol no NSR does not have "open product".. You need to download nokia care suite, download the rom for your device via nokia data package manager (also need to download that) and then open a program called "product... sth" lol, that's where you find the "open product" option under file and you can begin to flash your phone from there

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I figured that out after reading that post on the XDA forums. I followed those XDA instructions, but my phone is still not found. Something is seriously wrong with the phone since the USB connection is so unstable.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I just have to ask.. Does the small windows logo still light up on your phone when connecting the phone?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LMAO :p just checking.. Mine still lights up so im assuming the software is still fine. I also opened the phone to check if any wires were loose or burned, but everything was fine..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs