Sorry, I'm new here. I'm also entirely new to smartphones and I have just bought a Nokia 521 with T-Mobile.

My question is, does it have a timer on it? From what I have gathered it doesn't, but some how I can get one online?

Just gazing over the first page of threads here it looks like this phone is a bit on the complicated side. Meaning I have to download updates to the phone so it functions?
    12-03-2014 08:20 AM
    All smartphones have updates. They're simple and usually automatic. Don't fret. :) To get a timer, go to the store app and search for a timer.
    And, as a T-Mobile rep, let me thank you for choosing T-Mobile. Pm me with your network questions.
    xandros9 and Guytronic like this.
    12-03-2014 08:34 AM
    Just gazing over the first page of threads here it looks like this phone is a bit on the complicated side. Meaning I have to download updates to the phone so it functions?
    Many of the fancier and more complicated things appear here, you dont have to really worry too much about updates and such fanciness. Many people use Android phones without getting knee-deep into fancy mods and other system stuff.

Many of us like to get into that stuff and talk about it, but you dont have to. Poke around a bit in the settings, but all you have to really do is use it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-03-2014 12:12 PM
    All smartphones have updates. They're simple and usually automatic. Don't fret. :) To get a timer, go to the store app and search for a timer.
    And, as a T-Mobile rep, let me thank you for choosing T-Mobile. Pm me with your network questions.

Within my own phone? Is there something? Is it free of charge?

01-14-2015 05:21 PM
    Within my own phone? Is there something? Is it free of charge?
    No timer built in, search store for that flick left go to applications select store and then search for timers.

For updates, go to settings scroll down to phone updates and select option to check for them if one is available it will let you know (use WiFi)
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-14-2015 06:16 PM

So we have to pay for it?

01-15-2015 10:01 AM

So we have to pay for it?

Depends on which app you choose to download. A timer is a simple app and thus most of them are free to download from the store.

I suggest downloading #1 Toolkit as it has lots of other features other than timer, eg. Stopwatch, ruler, magnifier etc.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:05 AM