04-10-2018 09:51 AM
26 12
tools
    I started getting this error after about 2 months after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan. I never got this error before on Windows Phone 8.0 Lumia Black. When I insert the SD card with an adapter into my laptop with Windows 8.1 I also get an error.

Anyone using their phone with a SD memory card get this error? Did you only start getting the error after updating to Windows 8.1 Lumia Cyan?
    Attached Thumbnails phone_error.png   laptop_error.png  
    01-10-2015 01:55 PM
    Is it the same SD card you used in BLACK and CYAN?
    01-10-2015 02:03 PM
    Is it the same SD card you used in BLACK and CYAN?
    Yes
    01-10-2015 02:11 PM
    I get the same error + after scanning it shows that my SD has unrecoverable errors
    01-10-2015 02:21 PM
    Errors on SD happen and the longer you use them higher the possibility they occur. And also in black these errors happens so they are not 8.1 only.
    You can use your phone or pc to scan on errors and try to repair them. Your pc is "better" in repairing them. If the error can not be repaired you can format the card (but you loose your data). If the errors are repaired or the card is formatted you can use it again in your phone. But if there are again errors after a while I would recommend to buy a new card.
    01-10-2015 02:25 PM
    I can not move 5 gigs of apps to my phone, can backup help?
    01-10-2015 03:18 PM
    I can not move 5 gigs of apps to my phone, can backup help?
    Yes you could do a back up than replace your card and do a hard reset.

Or move as much as possible and than add the new card and reinstall the ones you lost.

Not sure which one will "cost" you the most time/effort.
    You have to judge this by yourself
    01-10-2015 03:31 PM
    I want to backup stores+ settings only, that means it won't talk me long time to get it back as it was.
    (I want to use Lumia recovery tool)
    01-11-2015 01:38 AM
    If you want to use the Lumia recovery tool than that is a good option.
    But be aware that if you are now on CYAN P4D you will go back CYAN so you will miss some features like live tilled. So maybe the start screen will not be exactly the same.
    01-11-2015 01:56 AM
    If you want to use the Lumia recovery tool than that is a good option.
    But be aware that if you are now on CYAN P4D you will go back CYAN so you will miss some features like live tilled. So maybe the start screen will not be exactly the same.
    Hmmm, that's not a big problem, I'm doing this because i want denim :)
    01-11-2015 05:24 AM
    How to fix SD card errors in Windows Phone 8.1 | WPcyte

I scanned my SD card with my phone and the error comes back after a while. I also scanned my SD card with my laptop and the error also returns back after a while. Nothing seems wrong with my phone, its just kind of annoying seeing the error and having to scan quit often. I always use the USB disconnect utility whenever I unplug my phone from the laptop

All of the apps that allow to be stored on a SD card are on my SD card. How do you move apps from the SD card to your phone? Is it possible to backup the apps that are on the SD card to a laptop?

I formatted my SD card through the phone and the error returns. I also formatted the SD card with my laptop and the error also returns.
    01-11-2015 09:58 PM
    If you've enough storage on your phone you can move all apps to it using STORAGE SENSE.
    Can you tell us more about your SD card? Speed, name, etc
    01-12-2015 01:43 AM
    You can't reinstall the apps that you have installed on the current sd card after copying the data to a new one cause the phone codes the particular card to your phone only and hence it asks you to delete those apps first to install new apps only way is to download them again
    01-12-2015 01:59 AM
    If you've enough storage on your phone you can move all apps to it using STORAGE SENSE.
    Can you tell us more about your SD card? Speed, name, etc
    If I go to the setting "Store new apps on my" in Storage Sense and change it from "SD card" to "phone" this will start moving my apps from my SD card to phone?

Or do I need to delete the apps from my SD card then change the "Store new apps on my" in Storage Sense to "phone" then re-download the app like what buddy007 is describing?

G.SKILL 32GB microSDHC Class 10
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=O9F6wrhX
    01-13-2015 07:53 PM
    If I go to the setting "Store new apps on my" in Storage Sense and change it from "SD card" to "phone" this will start moving my apps from my SD card to phone?

Or do I need to delete the apps from my SD card then change the "Store new apps on my" in Storage Sense to "phone" then re-download the app like what buddy007 is describing?

G.SKILL 32GB microSDHC Class 10
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=QGTolHbk
    No, go to storage sense, open SD card, open apps+ games, the tick everything and tap move -- note that if you don't have enough storage you need to delete, but before that perform a backup
    The option you talked about for the apps you'll install in the future.
    01-13-2015 09:40 PM
    I had this problem after Denim too. On my Lumia525. It's the same SD I used with Black. It was a Class6 SanDisk 8GB. I thought the card was faulty, so I bought a new SD a Sandisk Class10 with 16GB. I reinstalled the apps (I don't use that many apps BTW). Recently I did a soft reset to my Lumia525 after some freezing after taking photos (I forgot on which camera app). the soft reset I'm referring to is the one where you hold the down key + power for 10 seconds. Once done, it shows SD card error like OP above. I turn off and back on, then another time removing the battery but that problem still persists until now. Now if I turn my phone off then every time it is back on, it gives that SD error message. I dunno how to solve it, backup my data...just in case.
    01-15-2015 02:58 AM
    I have this issue with my L1320.. Had to give up my 32gig SD because of that crap. Constant errors with SD card in the phone. I'm running cyan. Countless scans and repairs in phone and PC. Eventually I had no choice but to use an 8gig I had laying around. And I still get that issue every now and again. This L1320 is notoriously bitchy with SD cards.
    01-15-2015 03:37 AM
    I have this problem in my 630 Lumia WP8.1 update 1 PFD, but its only when I restart the phone.. When phone is switched on and after Windows logo appeared a message popped up and telling me to "Scan SD card for errors". I just ignore it as I don't restart or switch off my phone often.. Otherwise I don't get any error messages beside that.. Is it ok to ignore it or should I change my SD Card a ( 16 GB Kingston class 10 )
    01-15-2015 04:00 AM
    I had this problem after Denim too. On my Lumia525. It's the same SD I used with Black. It was a Class6 SanDisk 8GB. I thought the card was faulty, so I bought a new SD a Sandisk Class10 with 16GB. I reinstalled the apps (I don't use that many apps BTW). Recently I did a soft reset to my Lumia525 after some freezing after taking photos (I forgot on which camera app). the soft reset I'm referring to is the one where you hold the down key + power for 10 seconds. Once done, it shows SD card error like OP above. I turn off and back on, then another time removing the battery but that problem still persists until now. Now if I turn my phone off then every time it is back on, it gives that SD error message. I dunno how to solve it, backup my data...just in case.
    Check in above posts there you find what you can do.
    01-15-2015 04:03 AM
    I have this problem in my 630 Lumia WP8.1 update 1 PFD, but its only when I restart the phone.. When phone is switched on and after Windows logo appeared a message popped up and telling me to "Scan SD card for errors". I just ignore it as I don't restart or switch off my phone often.. Otherwise I don't get any error messages beside that.. Is it ok to ignore it or should I change my SD Card a ( 16 GB Kingston class 10 )
    No best is to scan it for errors on your phone or otherwise on your PC.
    If the error's are "repaired" but they come back again than change your SD card.
    01-15-2015 04:06 AM
    My Lumia 640XL with a Samsung Evo Card 64GB and Win10 Preview does the same.
    I thought it could be the hardware, but it seems to be a O/S issue that needs to be solved.
    11-14-2015 09:24 AM
    The Microsoft FAQ page recommends the following when the memory card is not working properly in Lumia Phones:

Memory card is not recognized

Make sure of the following:

You have a fast 4–128GBmicroSD memory card by a well-known manufacturer.
    Your memory card is not full (there should be at least about 50 MB of free memory on the card that is used).
    Your memory card is not password protected. To check if your memory card is password protected, connect it to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If the card cannot be accessed, it is password protected. Remove the password from your memory card using the device where it was previously used.

Memory card is not working as expected

If your memory card has thousands of media items, the file system scan may consume considerable amounts of your phone processing power even when running in the background. If you think that is the issue, just simply go to App list, select Storage Sense, tap the SD card bar and tap remove SD card. You can access your memory card next time you restart your phone.

If you see the Scan SD card and fix errors message box. Tap Yes to have your phone scan the card and try to fix any errors. If you see an SD card scan failed message, insert the memory card into a PC and try and fix it there, follow these steps:

Format your memory card on a PC

Important! Before formatting your memory card, make sure you have a backup of the data as it is lost during formatting:

Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-128 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    Insert the memory card into the slot in the phone until it locks into place.
    11-28-2015 10:58 AM
    I started getting this error after about 2 months after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan. I never got this error before on Windows Phone 8.0 Lumia Black. When I insert the SD card with an adapter into my laptop with Windows 8.1 I also get an error.

Anyone using their phone with a SD memory card get this error? Did you only start getting the error after updating to Windows 8.1 Lumia Cyan?
    01-19-2016 10:13 AM
    I have the same problem with a Lumia 635. If I accept the scan I am advised there are unrecoverable errors and to replace the card. If I ignore that message, switch off the phone and start again I sometimes get the scan message, in which case I say no and it carries on working without any problems. If I don't get the scan message, again I have no problems with the data on the SD card. I have been advised to remove the SD card and re-insert it but this hasn't made any difference to the messages. I consistently backup the card to my computer but it doesn't appear to backup all the apps.
    07-20-2016 04:03 PM
    I have a similar recurring problem with a Lumia 830. It happens about once a week. When I upgrade my phone to the anniversary update I will do a full reset, and format the card.
    07-25-2016 12:50 PM
26 12