I copied and pasted all my music to my micro SD card and it isn't showing up in my phone

KO80

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The question in the title is the jist of my problem. I sat and waited for a couple hours after I did a simple "copy" and "paste" of my music files from my computer to this new micro SD card for my phone - I formatted the card in the phone prior to doing any of the copying and pasting....

Now I am not seeing these music files in my phone...anyone know where I should go from here?

Why can't there just be simple processes such as copy and paste for these music files?

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The question in the title is the jist of my problem. I sat and waited for a couple hours after I did a simple "copy" and "paste" of my music files from my computer to this new micro SD card for my phone - I formatted the card in the phone prior to doing any of the copying and pasting....

Now I am not seeing these music files in my phone...anyone know where I should go from here?

Why can't there just be simple processes such as copy and paste for these music files?

Have you pasted them on the music folder ??only paste those music files into the music folder on your sd card.

Darren Yeats

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone is dumb at reading normal music files copied into the phone and can't accept many valid tags. Pretty much all the music apps are the same since they are skins. It's outrageous.

I found one exception. Try out Core Music Player which allows you to browse folders and files. It works okay if you have artist/album folders and sensible file names i.e. track numbers at the beginning.

You can actually get a similar effect by browsing using 'Files' app, and playing the files. However, 'Files' will not allow the music to play in the background or give you lock screen controls - these are the two key benefits of Core Music Player. It does annoy me I had to pay a small amount for something basic, but it's the only workable way I've found for a normal copied set of MP3s! (I've also read Core Music Player supports FLAC, but I haven't tried that yet.)

Tip: pin the 'Music' folder from with Core Music Player, and you get a nice tile labelled Music.

Last edited:

KO80

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is dumb at reading normal music files copied into the phone and can't accept many valid tags. Pretty much all the music apps are the same since they are skins. It's outrageous.

I found one exception. Try out Core Music Player which allows you to browse folders and files. It works okay if you have artist/album folders and sensible file names i.e. track numbers at the beginning.

You can actually get a similar effect by browsing using 'Files' app, and playing the files. However, 'Files' will not allow the music to play in the background or give you lock screen controls - these are the two key benefits of Core Music Player. It does annoy me I had to pay a small amount for something basic, but it's the only workable way I've found for a normal copied set of MP3s! (I've also read Core Music Player supports FLAC, but I haven't tried that yet.)

Tip: pin the 'Music' folder from with Core Music Player, and you get a nice tile labelled Music.

I have to pay for this? To play music?

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi try this.. Go to storage sense, select sd card, click remove sd card.. Once it is removed, restart your phone then open music app.. Your songs will appear on the list. Works for me might work for you has well :)

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Try putting music files into the Music folder on the SD card. And try rebooting if It wont show up. Works for me. :)

Last edited:

KO80

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone has used up all it's memory (internal, factory memory that comes standard at 8GB with the phone) - the people at the local T-Mobile store told me that's why the phone can't read the 10 GB of music I put on my SD card. Is this true?

They told me to go to the Microsoft store at the Mall of America to get this figured out, but I thought maybe someone here could figure it out.

Is the internal 8 GB of memory that's all filled up - if there is space freed up in there, is that what is needed for some of the processes to be read the installed SD card?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Is the internal 8 GB of memory that's all filled up - if there is space freed up in there, is that what is needed for some of the processes to be read the installed SD card?

I would try to clear up at least 1gb on phone itself, I have run into problem with my 521 when I get below 1gb, Apps not working, music not showing up correctly. Make sure storage sense is set to store photos, music on sdcard. I would also move some apps to sd card if they can be moved ( I store apps like Microsoft News, Fedora, and games on sdcard). To move apps storage sense->apps->select app and if you can move to sdcard it will be option. Clear temp internet files has well. Try that stuff and report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers