Really unsatisfied with the Lumia 525 experience

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
When did WPCentral become an Android marketing site?
You guys have to realize that WP is still an OS in evolution so there will be a few glitches here and bugs there... You just have to stick through it...
Reffering to the battery problem (from an objective POV) its a Lumia 525 with 1GB ram and >1400 mah battery so you just can't expect much...especially with your kind of treatment (heavy games, non-stop internet whining...ehmm.. browsing...sorry)....
The duplicate problem easily solvable and mostly happens because YOU DID NOT FORMAT THE SD CARD AFTER PUTTING IT IN THE PHONE!

A proud user of a Lumia 520 (backup) and a HTC 8S

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey

My few quick pointers:

1) Heating Issue: I had the same problem with my 920. I replaced the phone and it solved the problem. Now to be fair , if you play games especially high graphics your phone would get heated up. but as long as your phone is not getting heated up so much that it reboots itself , you seriously don't have any problem

2) Games Gimmick: Just buy the games and cancel the download. It stays forever and you can install them with 8.1 rolls out this April

3) Battery Issue: Trust me , Lumia's do have the best battery in the market as of now. If you are not getting ~18 hours on the battery , then you might need to check for a replacement if possible. but again if you play high end games and browse websites on 3G/ 4G , then battery drain out is expected. It is theoretically correct. running WhatsApp should not drain much battery

also another important word - don't rely on third party battery apps. My experience is they have been un reliable. One of the app kept giving me toast notifications saying " your battery is draining fast...". That day I got 21 hours of battery backup

another , 525 is just a 1GB RAM over 520 , so , the new RAM would consume a tad more battery than in 520

about android phone in India

I guess android phones in India would behave the same way as they do elsewhere :) I am from india and found Android performance at low end pretty bad. I never had a problem with 520 which is my backup phone.

Hmm i do not agree with you mine is low end droid lava iris 458q it lags and freezes occassionally but still it has a good battery backup of 1day with heavy usage unlike my lumia 820:confused:

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
When did WPCentral become an Android marketing site?
You guys have to realize that WP is still an OS in evolution so there will be a few glitches here and bugs there... You just have to stick through it...
Reffering to the battery problem (from an objective POV) its a Lumia 525 with 1GB ram and >1400 mah battery so you just can't expect much...especially with your kind of treatment (heavy games, non-stop internet whining...ehmm.. browsing...sorry)....
The duplicate problem easily solvable and mostly happens because YOU DID NOT FORMAT THE SD CARD AFTER PUTTING IT IN THE PHONE!

A proud user of a Lumia 520 (backup) and a HTC 8S

We are not marketing android we just say android has gud battery life but it also lags nd freezes in low end 512 mb ram phones.just our opinion dude:eek::eek::sly:

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I understand it just sounded like an ad :p I just can't realize from where do these come from... I never had them on both my LOW end 520 and htc 8s not a stutter and AMAZING battery backup especially on the 8s it goes 2 days easy.. Had all kinds of phones in the past frin a GS2 to a crappy alcatel phone all on droid NEVER going back to that crappy laggy retarded OS... Happy to live without some apps... Both of my phones run smoother than than GS2 and they are 1/3 the price... YES i am a wp ******.. But for a reason..
Piece of advice to the OP: Lay off the phone a little bit, format the battery again and try using it reasonably so you will get better battery life

swaroopnce

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Accept the fact that the battery backup is very low in 525 compared to others. With 8.1 it only got worse.
My case : Mobile is just 2 month old. Brought it late Feb and battery was like lasting 10-12 hours. After WP8.1 upgrade now battery comes for 6-7 hours of same usage I do daily. I hardly play games though since I had free offer tried asphalt 7 few times and uninstalled within a week itself ..

well I guess with 1430mAh we can't expect much. I brought this mobile due to the fact the same priced android phones freeze most of the times though their battery is good. In case of 525, the word "freeze" is not there in their dictionary I guess .. But the battery drains fast .. If all the features are perfect then who would buy higher end phones ? Thus decided to live with it :) Still this would be my first and last windows phone and my next upgrade would be back to android :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Duplication of music files occurs when you export the downloaded MP3 from UC browser(Which is installed on Phone Storage) to your SD card.
As UC browser uses your phone storage to save the file first. Then, you might have decided to Export the file to the SD card. Basically, export will copy the song to your SD card.
That's the reason you find two entries for songs.
To avoid this situation, delete downloaded MP3 from UC browser(in other words, from Phone memory) after export. This will keep a single entry of the music file.

That being said, this is not an issue with Phone, its simple logic. Hopefully, I have helped you :)

P.S: I also own a Lumia 525 and I know it rocks!!

swaroopnce

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Duplication of music files occurs when you export the downloaded MP3 from UC browser(Which is installed on Phone Storage) to your SD card.
As UC browser uses your phone storage to save the file first. Then, you might have decided to Export the file to the SD card. Basically, export will copy the song to your SD card.
That's the reason you find two entries for songs.
To avoid this situation, delete downloaded MP3 from UC browser(in other words, from Phone memory) after export. This will keep a single entry of the music file.

That being said, this is not an issue with Phone, its simple logic. Hopefully, I have helped you :)

P.S: I also own a Lumia 525 and I know it rocks!!
Rocks? well except the battery I guess ? How many hours does it last ?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup..Battery draining depends upon the usage...I actually don't bother about battery life...many other phones too have battery probs so its kind of ubiquitous problem...better ignore the issue:)

wildsdi

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
When I first upgraded my 525 to WP8.1, battery life dropped to <12 hrs. But after using for about 2 weeks, my phone lasts for 1 1/2 days. Minimal gaming, always on 3G, Wifi and Bluetooth.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Accept the fact that the battery backup is very low in 525 compared to others. With 8.1 it only got worse.
My case : Mobile is just 2 month old. Brought it late Feb and battery was like lasting 10-12 hours. After WP8.1 upgrade now battery comes for 6-7 hours of same usage I do daily. I hardly play games though since I had free offer tried asphalt 7 few times and uninstalled within a week itself ..

well I guess with 1430mAh we can't expect much. I brought this mobile due to the fact the same priced android phones freeze most of the times though their battery is good. In case of 525, the word "freeze" is not there in their dictionary I guess .. But the battery drains fast .. If all the features are perfect then who would buy higher end phones ? Thus decided to live with it :) Still this would be my first and last windows phone and my next upgrade would be back to android :)

Same case for me with lumia 820.my next upgrade is also android.same pinch;-):-o:thumbup::thumbdown::D

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

swaroopnce

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
When I first upgraded my 525 to WP8.1, battery life dropped to <12 hrs. But after using for about 2 weeks, my phone lasts for 1 1/2 days. Minimal gaming, always on 3G, Wifi and Bluetooth.

Post 8.1 , my battery would be fully charged to 100% and a 10min facebook, checking few tweets in twitter and texting WhatsApp, and sync mails would drop my battery by 80% in just 25 mins.

Further spending aanother 20 mins in a similar way it comes to 60% . And then finally I get half a day with moderate usage.

My settings are perfectly aligned with no background tasks or Cortana stuff (region is India) . Either my phone is faulty (still never felt it was as its running great without a random freeze or reboot till date) or all 525 are the same :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven