Free games not free anymore

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
After updating to WP8.1. The games that came free with Lumia 525 are not showing up in store. Paid versions are available. Under my apps in store they are showing as not available. Did anyone else noticed this. I had already downloaded those games earlier but had to delete due to low memory problems with WP8 as apps to SD was not there. But now it's available but I'm not able to install those games now.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Just go the store and search for the games and click on the buy button and when it comes as "Verifying", wait and it will tell you that you have already purchased it and will allow you to reinstall. This is true for any app.
For example you installed a app when it was free and then deleted it. But later it has a price now, you can simply click on buy and it will tell you that you already bought it and should allow you to reinstall.
If you can't find the games in the store, open "my apps" by touching the 3 dots in bottom right of store and scroll down to see if they are there. Use them to reinstall.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just go the store and search for the games and click on the buy button and when it comes as "Verifying", wait and it will tell you that you have already purchased it and will allow you to reinstall. This is true for any app.
For example you installed a app when it was free and then deleted it. But later it has a price now, you can simply click on buy and it will tell you that you already bought it and should allow you to reinstall.
If you can't find the games in the store, open "my apps" by touching the 3 dots in bottom right of store and scroll down to see if they are there. Use them to reinstall.
You didn't read my post. Store says those are not available now. When I go to those games in store there's no install button.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Region change maybe? Did you change to install 8.1?

Nops I didn't change the region. It seems Nokia deleted those games since the offer was upto 31st March. Since they are not available in the store anymore I can't install them again even though I had them installed once.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
how did you install win8.1 update.......
By dev unlocking my phone using the WP8 SDK utility. Then downloading the preview for developers app from the WP store. Login using the account you used to dev unlock your phone or using an app studio id(that's a free account) check the checkbox to receive updates from microsoft . Now go and check your phone update under settings. I guess microsoft has stopped the update for those who have not yet installed the first update so you won't be able to install it now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans