So I was talking on the phone last night on my headphones and I noticed a pale red light coming from the proximity sensor. Is that an indicator it's active? That can't be, since it's active most of the time, even while the phone is locked. So, what is its purpose ?
    04-29-2014 12:44 PM
    Do you have double tap to wake enabled? If so, that's why it's on while locked. It's to prevent the screen from turning on while in your pocket. Cover the sensor then try double tapping to wake, it won't work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-2014 01:33 PM
    I don't mean to be an ***, but that is not the answer I was looking for. I asked what is the red light's purpose. Double tap to wake holds little to no relevance considering I was talking about phone calls.
    04-30-2014 03:53 AM
    I don't mean to be an ***, but that is not the answer I was looking for. I asked what is the red light's purpose. Double tap to wake holds little to no relevance considering I was talking about phone calls.
    It's active during call and also if you have double tap to wake enabled. During call it's brighter in other cases it's very pale not easily seen. And as for the purpose it just shows that it is active.
    05-02-2014 11:45 AM
    "Is that an indicator it's active?" The red light is the infrared light coming from the sensor, so yes that means that it is active.
    "So, what is its purpose ?" To turn the display off when the phone is close to your face during a phone call so you don't accidentally press buttons, or to prevent accidental double taps to wake in your pocket, or to turn on the glance screen with the peek setting.
    05-05-2014 07:55 AM