Lumia 525 stopped working and not turning on!!!

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So, I was using my phone just five minutes ago and now I took it out my pocket and I'm unable to turn on the screen. I thought it must have switched off so tried to restart but it doesn't work, neither does taking battery out and reinserting. I can't soft/hard reset since my phone is not responding to anything. It doesn't turn on even if I put on charging. I installed Lumia Software Recovery Tool and tried "My phone does not startup or respond" option but it says that my phone is not supported. Does anyone have a fix/solution for this? I want my phone working again as it is just exactly 1 year old and it's my birthday. Please help!!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well Happy Birthday :) Im sorry this had to happen now. How long did you leave the phone on charge? could be a problem with the motherboard

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I guess I left it on charge for around 2 hours. How could such a problem just pop out from nowhere. It was working fine just 5 minutes ago and then I was not able to turn it on. Currently I'm downloading firmware files from NaviFirm since Lumia Recovery says my phone is not supported. Will try to use Nokia Software Suite and if that doesn't work I'll go to Nokia/Microsoft Care Centre(it's holiday today here in India). Bad timing for my phone to go dead. And how long is the warranty. I read somewhere in the forum that it's one month more than the actual one year from the date of purchase. Is that true?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me as well mate, I was able to use Lumia Recovery Tool once, but the second time it told me my phone was not recognized. Someone told me that the program does not recognize your phone if you had dev prev running on it, however WC did an article that said all 8.1 devices were now supported by the aforementioned software.

After a lot more digging around (went to a lot of forums :/) I finally managed to get somewhat of an answer. A user with a 925 brought his phone to a nokia store after suffering through the same issues and they managed to fix it. When he asked what the problem was they said the phone had a faulty motherboard and few other connecting cables had to be replaced as well....

In my case I already changed the battery and that did not work, so the obviously my next step is to get a new motherboard and cables :D
Don't really need the phone, but it seemed like a fun diy project so that's why i'm going to do it, if I fail.. oh well it was fun to tinker around a bit.

This obviously doesn't help you, but I hope you have some "closure" :)

If you're not sure about the warranty then just go back and ask :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills