How to recover or Flash my dead Lumia 525 ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I tried to upgraded my Lumia 525 to windows 8.1, but i failed, so i searched the internet and found i have to reinstall the phone software using Lumia Software Recovery Tool but my phone hanged when it was reinstalling so i did everything but nothing happened so i removed the battery and now it's not opening, charging anything. Any suggestion to recover my phone?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Software Recovery Tool is outdated.

Upgrade to Windows Device Recovery Tool here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=r4PpswCC

Your battery may have run out of charge during your recovery attempt. Plug the phone in with the factory charger and wait. It may take some time (a few hours even) for the phone to boot and even then it will have 6% or less charge. Let it charge fully. If it boots, after charging complete, use WDRT to recover

If it does not boot and you only get the charge indicator screen... Let it charge. Then remove the battery. Open WDRT. Plug the phone into USB (Without Battery). On WDRT slect "My was not detected." Select Lumia. On the phone, press and hold the Volume Up button. Insert Battery. If you see the Lightning Bolt & Gear screen release the Volume Up button. WDRT should find your device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss