Why does my phone freeze randomly and starts working fine again after restart?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I own a Lumia 525 and it stops working suddenly. The touch screen doesn't work, so I have to restart by holding down volume down and power button for a few seconds. After that the time reverts back to 25th November 11 am or something, which is not a big deal because it gets corrected by the automatic date setting. Things I've tried-
1) Hard and soft reset
2) Cleaning up space, uninstalling apps. There is a lot of free space now.
3) When I try to connect through Nokia Software Recovery tool, it says "Could not read data from selected phone". I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I do not know how to update the application, nor do I know where I can download the latest version from.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I own a Lumia 525 and it stops working suddenly. The touch screen doesn't work, so I have to restart by holding down volume down and power button for a few seconds. After that the time reverts back to 25th November 11 am or something, which is not a big deal because it gets corrected by the automatic date setting. Things I've tried-
1) Hard and soft reset
2) Cleaning up space, uninstalling apps. There is a lot of free space now.
3) When I try to connect through Nokia Software Recovery tool, it says "Could not read data from selected phone". I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I do not know how to update the application, nor do I know where I can download the latest version from.

wich windows and build you got?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans