Nokia 620 In Hand! Green color is awesome!

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Of corse no, becasue i read many review (russian) with batery issue.

Well, those are the reviews that you read from Russia but here's one review from Malaysia posting this directly from my Lumia 620. I can easily get in the range of 15-24 hours with moderate usage of my phone without any problem at all and those are enough for me, considering that I went out in the morning and get back home at night with at least 20% battery left as opposed to my friends going back home with a dead phone. Yeah, we held a test so that's the result...

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Logically i don't pretend that the lumia 620 has a great battery life, i' ve only ask if he can cover a day with a normal usage (always on internet wi-fi/3g, many sms and some calls, whatsapp, fb and internet) and not an harder one...and i think that a 1300mah could give this performance without many problem.....i can't belive that if i turn on the phone and i never use it(all the time with the screen off) he can cover only 24h, olso my optimus net with a exauste battery can do better!

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
iam sure what phone which has battery life less than 24h - its not normal. So why in 620 not 1500 or 2000 mah? Please look at simple nokia 112 which has 1400 mah. Why this tiny and simplest phone with 1.8" screen have more powerfull battery?

I'm not sure if you actually read or understand what I said earlier..

... I don't know why Nokia gave it a small battery pack...

So you should head that to Nokia instead.

The Lumia 920 with 2000 mah battery lasted throughout the day. So if you're saying that the Nokia 112 has a 1400 mah battery, Lumia 620 should have a 2000 mah battery and what should the Lumia 920 have? 3000 mah? Even a monster Galaxy Note has a 2500 mah battery and that didn't even last 10 hours!

So all in all, it's not a Lumia 620 problem. It's the problem with the world of smartphone nowadays...

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys. I'm not trying to dissuade. I just deliver you info about 620 battery from Russia. You decide. And last. TheLuminis620 - not all people can confess what his new and fresh candy-phone, they just bought, have disadvantages that make use of uncomfortable. You're one of them. Sorry.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys. I'm not trying to dissuade. I just deliver you info about 620 battery from Russia. You decide. And last. TheLuminis620 - not all people can confess what his new and fresh candy-phone, they just bought, have disadvantages that make use of uncomfortable. You're one of them. Sorry.

Why do you sound so bitter?

Battery is one of the things you will find more difference user by user on one same phone than any other thing. Just starting from where you live and what kind bands you region has and the coverage have a effect on your phones battery life. Not to even talk about the unique mix of settings and apps.

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Why do you sound so bitter?

Battery is one of the things you will find more difference user by user on one same phone than any other thing. Just starting from where you live and what kind bands you region has and the coverage have a effect on your phones battery life. Not to even talk about the unique mix of settings and apps.

You absolutely right! But why you cant see one little problem. You can have strong or weak coverage. You can use your phone a little or a lot. And it is important, when your battery 2000 or more mah. But if you have only 1300 and use wifi, 3G, Gps, push and other, you always can not count on much anyway. For example - take fuel tank on your car. No matter what your engine power and how often you ride if your fuel tank only 30 liters. It will always be uncomfortable. You will be live in gas station. With 620 the same. You can take pleasure in use, but you will always think about electrical socket. More often than 920 or 5 or s3. I promise you!

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
there are probably going to be 3rd party batteries rather soon since the battery is replaceable. You can expect them to pack a higher capacity too

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You absolutely right! But why you cant see one little problem. You can have strong or weak coverage. You can use your phone a little or a lot. And it is important, when your battery 2000 or more mah. But if you have only 1300 and use wifi, 3G, Gps, push and other, you always can not count on much anyway. For example - take fuel tank on your car. No matter what your engine power and how often you ride if your fuel tank only 30 liters. It will always be uncomfortable. You will be live in gas station. With 620 the same. You can take pleasure in use, but you will always think about electrical socket. More often than 920 or 5 or s3. I promise you!
Ok, now consider that the car with 30 liters can do 25km/l and the car with 60 liters can do 20km/l due to his better performances, so the lumia 620 will do less km than other top smartphone, but not so less!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok is it messed up that I heard all of Giuseppe's posts with an Italian accent and Vasilliy's posts with a Russian one? Made the whole conversation fricking hilarious...

Boonta

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
just got a chance to try Nokia 620 at Nokia shop yesterday. The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Nope, I do admit that my phone has stuff that lacks but I don't think the battery life is a massive issue here, as stated that I've run a test with my friend's Lumia 800, 900, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note and the Lumia 620 lasts about the same with the same frequency of usage, and I'm saying this for one more time and I'm not sure if you will understand this anymore.

I'm not denying your logic is correct, but it's an issue with smartphones nowadays, not the Lumia 620. There may be a bigger 3rd party battery pack available for purchase as said by corsica but the phone is already dirt cheap to start with and you get everything that a smartphone has. What to complain? I have nothing to complain because I run the test myself and the results says that my phone runs just about as long as any other smartphones. So if you have issues with it and don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Get something with bigger battery pack, use it just like how I use my Lumia 620 and tell me does it get in the range of 15-24 hours? I bet you it wouldn't last... It's an issue with smartphones nowadays. I think you need a phone with 10000 mah battery pack to suit your usage.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.

Yes, I agree that the unlock button is a little bit stiff but I think that may soften up when being used regularly but it's not very stiff though. About the "other" storage, my phone has gathered up to 1.45 GB! I'll keep my eyes on it whether it will build up more or not. By logic, yes the cache should be more but there's a possibility that they've done a hard reset to the device.

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok is it messed up that I heard all of Giuseppe's posts with an Italian accent and Vasilliy's posts with a Russian one? Made the whole conversation fricking hilarious...

I agree. Its fun :) Sorry for my English, i know that its wrong, but i hope many friends here understand me.

just got a chance to try Nokia 620 at Nokia shop yesterday. The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.

Else problems - 3.5 jack do not comes to an end on some 620. Main part of the phone sliding in back cover. cache file - you can delete only make hard reset, its WP feature. Unlock key to rub on the body.

Nope, I do admit that my phone has stuff that lacks but I don't think the battery life is a massive issue here, as stated that I've run a test with my friend's Lumia 800, 900, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note and the Lumia 620 lasts about the same with the same frequency of usage, and I'm saying this for one more time and I'm not sure if you will understand this anymore. I'm not denying your logic is correct, but it's an issue with smartphones nowadays, not the Lumia 620. There may be a bigger 3rd party battery pack available for purchase as said by corsica but the phone is already dirt cheap to start with and you get everything that a smartphone has. What to complain? I have nothing to complain because I run the test myself and the results says that my phone runs just about as long as any other smartphones. So if you have issues with it and don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Get something with bigger battery pack, use it just like how I use my Lumia 620 and tell me does it get in the range of 15-24 hours? I bet you it wouldn't last... It's an issue with smartphones nowadays. I think you need a phone with 10000 mah battery pack to suit your usage.

So, I see 10000 mah... you start to get angry? This proves that I am right.
Iphone have 1450 mah and 3.5", 900 - 1850.... and its work like 620 with 3.8" 1300 mah? Lol. About Lumia 800 we have many reviews about low life battery. Its all really Nokia miss. Believe me, i like nokia and windows, but I'm not ready to buy low-quality products and do not advise others. If Nokia wanna come back to market it must produce brilliant phones which no subject to criticism (without flaws at all) imho

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I never get angry, it's just that you're not understanding things that I've said. You seem to ignore the Galaxy Note which has a monster screen and a 2500 mah battery and it only lasts 10 hours with the same frequency as I use my phone and as I said, I held a test and you ignored my statement I think.

I don't think it's all Nokia's fault. Now if it's all Nokia's fault, then explain me about the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3 which both were obviously made by Samsung, has a bigger battery pack but last as long as my Lumia 620, in fact less with the same usage? Please explain. And tell me what smartphone can last a whole day or two? I've said it countless times already. It's a smartphone issue, across all brands and models. Not strictly to Nokia.

You're making statements based on reviews theory, while you never tested it.
Sent from my RM-846_apac_malaysia_226 using Board Express

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
First - i have great experience in mobile world. Well, i know very well how working phones with low mah battery. And i dont need buy a phone to be sure it is a bad battery.
Second - I perfectly understand you and your English. no need to talk about it constantly.
And last - about Note. Its not a phone. Its more a tablet. So we cant compare 620 and Note. Phone must work several days. What if i want leave town for a few days? I need the mobility and constant communication. 620 does not provide that. Then why do I this phone? It has a small screen, it is inconvenient for the Internet. Call it is also problematic because it does not hold a charge for long time. Why is he good for?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
First - i have great experience in mobile world. Well, i know very well how working phones with low mah battery. And i dont need buy a phone to be sure it is a bad battery.

I don't know how 'great' your mobile experience is but I tell you for one last time, my Lumia 620 lasts as long as any other smartphones with about the same usage. Sure, 1300 mah is small and it will be great if it's equipped with 1800 mah or so but remember, the phone is already cheap and it does what I want. It lasts as long as any other smartphone so I have nothing to complain. It's just you, without any experience with this phone, claiming you have a great experience in mobile world and complaining about the battery life with the fact that it actually lasts as long as any other smartphone.

And last - about Note. Its not a phone. Its more a tablet. So we cant compare 620 and Note. Phone must work several days. What if i want leave town for a few days? I need the mobility and constant communication. 620 does not provide that. Then why do I this phone? It has a small screen, it is inconvenient for the Internet. Call it is also problematic because it does not hold a charge for long time. Why is he good for?

Alright then, the Note is more of a tablet. The S3? My friend claimed his can last not even a day with use of WiFi, simply put how a smartphone should be used. Phone must work for several days, correct. Most old mobile and feature phones can last for 3-4 days without charging and my Nokia Asha 309 did exactly just that. However, you didn't even answer my question - which smartphone can last for days without charging? Give me one example since you have a great mobile experience.

But if you are really into phone that could last for days and days, purely mobility and not draining much battery despite constant communication, better off get those old "black and white" phones.

Sure, the 620 doesn't provide that but what smartphone provide that? It has the same screen as a Lumia 800, slightly bigger than the iPhone 4S. So are you saying that the small screen makes it inconvenient for internet? Well, instantly you've just said the iPhone 4S is inconvenient for internet too it seems to be. Then how big will the screen be if you want to call it convenient for internet? Call is problematic because it doesn't hold charge for long time? What smartphone provides that anyway?

What this Nokia Lumia 620 is good for? Well.. It provides everything that a smartphone has in a simple, small and inexpensive package. What else do you need? Bigger battery pack? Better get off with a customized smartphone then...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb