Check your Lumia 620 screen.

rcmarvin

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Where are you from? The technicians in my country (Malaysia) said the same thing after weeks. They told me the problem was fixed after the software was upgraded. I went there and the problem was still there. They are waiting for a new touch panel now. LOL

The phone is bought in HK. Nokia Care estimated a new touch panel will arrive in two weeks. Hopefully this will fix the problem, but I am not optimistic about that.

Last edited:

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The phone is bought in HK. Hopefully a new touch panel, which is estimated to arrived in two weeks, will fix the problem, but I am not optimistic about that.

Some people had their touch screen replaced and the problem was still there. :unhappysweat:
I wish you luck.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Some say it's due to a grounding issue and not the screen. I'm not sure, but certainly a hardware issue... I only experience it once a week though.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It is clear that this is a grounding issue and i do not believe that this can be solved via a software update. It seems that is is something about the design. I wonder if Nokia will say anything about it. Personally this does not affect my day to day usage and i do not think it will. However, Nokia should examine this situation rather sooner than later.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
And I'm not experiencing any difficulties and affecting my everyday use. It happens once a week, and only for a couple of seconds. After a lock and unlock, it's all back to normal. Pinch to zoom is jittery but it's not too big of a problem for me. It definitely is a design fault somewhere and I'm not expecting Nokia to make a recall... I feel sorry for people who are experiencing a worse case than mine.

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice video, you should tweet the link to nokia and put it on their facebook pages to see if you can get a response.

My replacement phone (sent the first back for another issue) also has the multi touch problem like my first phone. Would like to see Nokia make an official response about this issue.

leonkehoe

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I posted a link to this thread and the video on their UK page earlier today.

Update 01.03.2013
Reply: "Hi Leon. Thanks for sharing that with us, we will pass it on to the relevant team. Thanks"

Last edited:

Marcos Morais

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Any news of this? I have the same issue and it's bothering me because I want to play Zombies on the Phone and it's almost impossible to play it.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys tried taking the SD card off and see if it's gone? I did that to my phone a week ago and now seems to be running fine, though yeah I have no memory card in my phone right now... So far so good.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
when i remove the black cover multitouch works with out any problems. to me this indicates a connection problem with the audio jack on the back cover

Yeah, that might be the case. I've removed the SD card and a week already, it's been acting fine. Not even a single happening so far. In case if it happens again, I may want to put a layer of tissue or something in between the contact of the headphone jack to see if it fixes anything.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I really don't think it's a firmware issue. This is something physical, something somewhere in the hardware that fails. Hopefully this will be sorted out ASAP because I'm pretty sure many are suffering from this really badly.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with that! If the cover is not a Dual-Shot thing, it really is a small and thin phone! But honestly though, I rather have it this think because my hands are kind of big and the thickness is good enough for me to comfortably use it ;)

Marcos Morais

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Btw, do you guys play any games on the phone? If so, my gamertag is TommyX BR. :) I'm thinking about buying Ilomilo, the trial is great, and it's basically a single touch game, so this problem doesn't affect it. Sadly it doesn't have a multiplayer mode, would be great.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Initially I suspected that the audio jack thing. But when I cover up the audio jack connection, the problem is still there. When you take off the cover and put on top of the table(not holding it), the problem is still there. I guess that by holding on the sides, we're actually grounding it. I guess it has the same effect with plugging in the cable and holding the other end with your fingers?

EDIT: I don't have sd card either.

rcmarvin

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 620 has been repaired by Nokoa Care for three times, each time their engineer stated that the problem was fixed, but it didn't. I am starting to believe that they either did not understand the problem, or they did not a solution for it. They have tried the following:
- reset and update the software/firmware of the screen/phone
- replace screen panel
- replace "motherboard"

I have tested and the following would help:
- plugin usb cable and charge
- plugin earphone (no music play is ok)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte