Lumia 620 - Battery query

wawilkinson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day, the 620 is a very low cost phone that packs a decent punch, the battery isn't going to be the best in the world and that's to be expected for it's size and price but it's more than adequate for moderate use. If you are a heavy user get a higher capacity battery or a second battery, it's that simple.

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Shingen,

thanks for the info.

I have to say, I like the phone a lot now I'm getting used to it (my first smart phone) and was thinking of getting a spare battery anyway for those "long days". I would be interested in your final thoughts as to how it compares to the original battery, i.e. should I just get a genuine 1300 Nokia battery as a spare or does this one really last longer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shingen

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Charlie55. yes the exact same one....it came in a factory sealed antistatic bag, doesn't get any hotter than the supplied one,in the end it had done 14hrs and was at 10% then the phones screen shut off but i was listening to music via bluetooth and that kept going so i put it back on charger.I'm going to run it like a dog all weekend and push it harder,saftey wise,yeah its a battery,no hotter than any other seems ok..time will tell.

MrButtKicker

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
i bought a new (1320mAH BL-5J) battery yesterday and my question is :
is it really safe to use a more powerful battery than the original one ?

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have surprisingly found the battery life on the 620 very good. It seems to be very battery efficient the S4 processor. I easily have about40% left by 8pm and lasts the day and past midnight. I have had the phone on 100% for over an hour after some usage. Really am pleasantly surprised with it

Carlos Cl

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
still curious about that 2000 and something 3rd part battery... if you guys could post some more feedback.
thanks a lot in advance.

sun7uk

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
hi...i just got nokia lumia 620 last friday...though the phone is amazing...was being to get little worried about the battery...i havent started using the net and apps much...jus few phone calls and messages...but, i find that the battery drains, even if i dont use it...is it normal?..or is it because the battery is defective?..please give ur suggestions and comments on this....

An example of what i am facing...The battery remaining is 74% and the estimated time left is shown as 5 hours and time since last charge is 2 hours....This is one case that i faced...(sorry could not take a screenshot of this though)....

Lumia2012

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
At first, use it as you normally do and charge when needed. Give it at least a week. In the beginning mine took a while to break in and keep the charge longer.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If I leave it on standby, it has really good battery life.
Case and point? I left my Lumia 620 with 20% of battery left and when I woke up ten hours later, it still had 10% left. That's with 4 bars of HSPA signal and cellular data set to on and 3G.

If I use it heavily however, still better than the iPhone 5. 5 hours of 3G talk time and GBA gaming with loud music from the loudspeaker and still have 20% left.

jhdutch95

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
constant use of internet browsing/twittering on 3g only makes my phone last about 3 to 4 hour max...
is it normal?

now im using sunglobal battery (1850 mah)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb